Choosing the team - now that it's all over

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivyagogo

Coach
Hindsight being 50/50, what does everyone think about the choice of the team now?

Aly: I think that Aly completely stepped into Alicia's role of captain. She is a wonderful role model and did her job magnificently.

Kyla: She was the one to lead off on crucial events and did a great job. I was originally thinking Sarah Ferguson would be the one in this role, but it worked out great for Kyla.

Gabby: Phenomenal in team competition (obviously). There was no need for Ebie's power when we had Gabby.

McKayla: Her injuries didn't stop her from crushing that vault during team finals. I think about her sit down in event finals and the disappointment of the silver and then put it into perspective on how far she's come in the past few weeks with a concussion, broken nose, and broken toe. She's amazing.

Jordyn: She have the team everything she had while nursing an injury nobody knew about. A team player all the way.

I can't even fathom a different team. This turned out to be a perfect team in my book and they all seem to be having so much fun together now that the competition is over.

I think it was the right mix. McKayla was the only one in my mind that was border line because we'd have won vault without her. We really needed Kyla's bars and she did very well on beam -- no one seemed to mentioned that she missed IE for beam because of 2 per country rule.

But... fall or not ... McKayla blew me away with the team comp vault. I'm hoping she sticks around and gets a little more difficulty for floor. Her vault and Aly's IE floor stick out for me the most in terms of performances.

Hindsight being 50/50, what does everyone think about the choice of the team now?

Aly: I think that Aly completely stepped into Alicia's role of captain. She is a wonderful role model and did her job magnificently.

Kyla: She was the one to lead off on crucial events and did a great job. I was originally thinking Sarah Ferguson would be the one in this role, but it worked out great for Kyla.
I am soooo glad they didn't go with Sarah Ferguson -
The Duchess of York at the Royal Welsh Show, 1991

This was the team I predicted and I think it was a great team and it clearly was given the amount of medals they went home with :D

What about the men? Should they have picked individuals based on who could win EF medals, or focus on the team as they did?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back