Off Topic Chrismuhannukwanzadonaliastice gifts thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
So what did everybody give/receive this year?

I gave my parents some kitchenware and my cousin a despair.com calendar and an itunes gift card.

My (other) cousin is currently putting the finishing touches on his gift to me: a custom-built guitar fuzz pedal of his own design. I've played around with some of his earlier prototypes and they sound AMAZING, so I'm pretty psyched.

I got sound cancelling headphones. They're kind of the most awesome thing ever.

The coolest thing I gave, I think, was a 'gift card' for a private lesson to the girl who I spent christmas with. Or the vintage, vintage advertisement for an old medication I gave my dad. That was pretty rad.

I gave my family Apples to Apples; we've been playing Cranium and Uno for way too long. I also gave my mom a nice scarf, my dad a CD, and my brother a gift card for clothes.

My parents gave me a toolbox with some of my grandpa's refurbished tools, Betty Crocker measuring cups and spoons, wooden mixing spoons, some money, and a Borders gift card. You know you're getting old when you start to get household-y things for Christmas!

OMGOMGOMGOMG NEW FUZZ PEDAL SOUNDS AMAZING!

I'm probably going to be looking for any possible excuse to use it now.

Anybody want some bluesy, Hendrix-style routine music?

Yess!!! but I still have to keep mine for a while... sorry :(

Best present was probably Ugg boots

I gave my dad a photo board complete with photos, mom itunes giftcard, and my siblings got the movie bedtime stories.

I got clothes and a jacket, plus a day of skiing courtesy of my brother, who doesn't see the dangers of a performer on an icy mountain weeks before competition season begins. Haha, but it was still really fun. I got some other weird stuff, like socks, and a teeth-whitening kit (?).

As far as giving, I gave a thriftstore Christmas, and bought everything at the Salvation Army. I got my brother-in-law a ladle (he's a chef), my sister a teapot, my brother a nutcracker, my sister-in-law-a book, and my brother's girlfriend a snowman candle holder. My other brother hasn't received anything, yet, because all he likes is video games, and I couldn't find any Nintendo 64 games he didn't already have.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back