Parents Christmas came a little early..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
There is nothing in the world like walking into the gym after a disheartening period of blocks, fears, tears, and lost skills, and seeing your DD run (bounce) up to you with a million watt smile. Apparently she was able to visualize her blocks as ACTUAL blocks. She said she was just flat out annoyed that she couldn't do her skills so she picked up the blocks in her mind and set them aside, and then just did her skills.

Her coach even came up to me to say she was "the bomb" today. I honestly couldn't care less about skills- she didn't even need the lost ones for Xcel Gold, but just seeing her so happy, well, it was like an early Christmas present!

Since I am feeling the happiness today I can also say that YDD had a great practice today too- her gym gives gymnasts trampoline shoes kind of the way artistic gyms give girls grips. It symbolized she was going to start training the next level. She was beaming!

Ahhh, these are the days that make paying the bills worthwhile.

Great news for both your DD's!!! Especially on the blocks. And yay for tramp shoes. Make sure she labels them-my DD's have "bounced" away several times :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back