Parents Christmas Shopping

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She wants a week at gymnastics summer camp which we can do - but this year she wants to try Woodward in PA - Any Good?? Anyone been there??

My DD went there this summer for the first time (she's 9) and LOVED it. You'll find lots of posts here about the pros and cons of Woodward, IGC, etc. I'm sure that once Feb. rolls around and the catalogs start showing up in the mail, there will be even more.

My dd LOVES Woodward- she has been 4 times age 8,9,10,11. PM me your questions or look for my older posts on old threads about Woodward v. IGC

My daughter has asked for the craziest gymmnastics stuff over the years: a springboard, a pit, a vault table and after the olympic year she wanted an Ivana Hung doll. Things in the past I have gotten her were a mat, a cheese mat, a foldup beam and last year I got her a floor bar. I usually get her a couple of new leos from GK I have also found gymnastic books on sale from Shawn Johnson and Carly Paterson. Her liberian at school gave her an old book about Nadia and she also has that movie. Right now she is really into reading this book series called the Gymnasts by Elizabeth Levy I have found them used on the internet.

Last year I gave my DD a whole lot of those 'The Gymnasts' books for Christmas, and a leo. This year I have bought her these two leos.

On her list she has a whole lot of stuff, for example she wants a Zhu Zhu Pet (some kind of hamster doll).

Attachments

• simplicity-pink.jpg
    simplicity-pink.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 720
  • sprite.jpg
    sprite.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 25
My daughter has asked for the craziest gymmnastics stuff over the years: a springboard, a pit, a vault table...

LOL! Mine too! But mom, I NEED a springboard (vault, whatever)! Last night she was telling me that she needed a bar high enough that she could practice "free hips" (or was it clear hips? I don't know... something to do with hips). I don't know what that is, but I'm guessing it's not something she should be practicing at home!

What reading level do you think the gymanst series is? I thought about ordering some of them, but Kathy is in 4th grade and I wasn't sure if they might be for younger girls?

Another great camp is USGTC US Gymnastics Training Camps
My daughter went last year and really had fun. From what I see compared to the other camp catalogues, it is smaller, which is a plus for her. The campus is beautiful...the girls she went with from her team (2 others) all had fun!

LOL! Mine too! But mom, I NEED a springboard (vault, whatever)! Last night she was telling me that she needed a bar high enough that she could practice "free hips" (or was it clear hips? I don't know... something to do with hips). I don't know what that is, but I'm guessing it's not something she should be practicing at home!

Free-hip means the same as clear-hip - it is like a back hip circle but your hips don't touch the bar.

What reading level do you think the gymanst series is? I thought about ordering some of them, but Kathy is in 4th grade and I wasn't sure if they might be for younger girls?

My DD is 7 and is enjoying these books, the girls in the story are about 11, so I guess they would suit ages 7 to 11.

Mary A your daughter would probally like the gymnasts books. My daughter is 10 5th grade and I have never seen her read so much. They are like easy chapter books. You have to get them used off amazon or ebay.

My daughter is 12 and still the Gymnasts book series. She wants to keep them for when she becomes a coach. ;)

Corky wants a ditigal camera must be pink and not a Canon

9 DD wants everything Zhu Zhu pets and I hear it sells quickly

13 DS wants xcross bmx snow thing kind of like a snowboard with a steering wheel

and I have 3 more who haven't been specific!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back