Parents Circle of Stars Meet- level 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lhmom

Proud Parent
Well, my DD's first level 4 season is winding down. After a fun local meet (Flip Fest), we headed to Indianapolis for Circle of Stars. It was a huge meet with something the girls had not seen before-they used a strip of floor, instead of a whole floor for the floor routine. The team was a bit anxious, but once they got going, they were fine. They saw some tougher scoring but seemed to be unfazed by it. DD did not have a clean bars routine, but finished it and scored 8.40. Beam which has been a bit rough the last couple of meets went better. She came off on a turn, but everything else was solid and she scored the highest she has all season (8.725). Held my breath for floor, but she got through it fine. BHS was a bit off though, but she still had a solid score (8.80). Vault was solid with a 9.2. All said, she was happy with everything especially since it was her birthday weekend. ;) She was more excited that the team ended up in 1st, despite the tougher scoring. She told me on the way back that it was the best birthday she's ever had. That made the long trip worth it! :cool:

Thanks! That strip of floor had them all thrown for a loop. You can see it on my youtube page. We'd never seen it before. They all managed to stay on it despite the nerves. :) Now she just has one more to go next month and her first season as a level 4 will be done. I'll be glad to give my nerves a break, that's for sure!

How odd on the strip of floor. Even though thats all they really needed it still had to throw them off. Sounds like she had a good meet anyway. Congrats to your DD. And Happy Birthday to her. How sweet that her team taking 1st was the best birthday present she could have had. That says alot about her heart.

Wow that strip of floor thing is bizarre! I have never seen that before! She did great! She is really going to be something next season! What a great way to wind down your season...team first place and your birthday weekend all at the same time! I thought her BHS was very nice, too, by the way!

Wow that strip of floor thing is bizarre! I have never seen that before! She did great! She is really going to be something next season! What a great way to wind down your season...team first place and your birthday weekend all at the same time! I thought her BHS was very nice, too, by the way!

Thanks!! Her ROBHS has gotten stronger as the season has gone on. She has really shown improvement since September. I like the fact that she's happier when the team does well than worrying what her final placement was. They have really come together as a "team". The girls got another piece of good news today. They posted the standings for the overall top level 4 team in the competition. Out of 56 teams, our girls came in 1st! Sorry I am bragging a bit-I am just so proud of these girls. :)

She did a lovely job. The floor thong is weird and doesn't allow much room for error. Your DD seemed to adjust well and looked very strong. She is awfully cute too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back