Circles Bucket Construction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josephemd

Coach
Looking for help in making a set-up to practice double leg circles using a suspended bucket. It's been done a thousand times - lots of video on YouTube, but can't find specifics on how to make one. Where is the best spot to attach the bucket to the rope, and how do you pad the bucket?

Gym Location

We are in a gym with a 20 ft ceiling; an old converted Catholic School. We have attached rings and climbing ropes to the wood roof joists.

okay. so 20 feet up is where you will attach. the easiest way is to purchase a twisting belt if you don't already have one. you place the bucket inside the twisting belt. you tighten it to the bucket with the waist straps. the end of the rope that attaches to the belt should have a snap swivel that you clip to the belt. between the twisting belt and the snap swivel will prevent the rope from twisting/binding up.

if you can't afford a twisting belt, you drill 2 holes in the bucket 1 on each side where the handle holes are. you split the rope at the end and have 2 snap swivels that you clip to the holes in the bucket. the downside to this is that the bucket will crack after so many uses. you will have to keep replacing the bucket.

2nd post in the thread.

DrillsAndSkills.com :: View topic - Circles on mushroom

simply put, I bought a mounting bracket with a ring and attached it to a typical painter's bucket. Don't use a small bucket, don't use a very long bucket. Attach a caribeener (swivel) to the ring and use some rope. Voila.

I put duck tape over where the bolts secured the bracket to the bucket. Never a problem as your feet are on the bottom of the bucket.

I found a twisting belt in the gym, so I'll try that with a painters bucket first. Thank you guys for your help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back