Anon Coach Kissing Gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (59e4)

Recently a group of gymnast friends were together and I heard them all talking about a female coach who kisses them. I walked in and said “wait, she kisses you?”. They all started saying yes it’s in the cheek and it’s so awkward because she gets so close to your mouth. 6/7 girls said they had experienced this, and when I told another parent who worked there her daughter said it happened to her too.
They also demonstrated how the same coach picks them up “right under their buttcheeks” and spins them around when something exciting happens.
I’ve talked to 3 parents who worked there and neither I nor they have seen the coach do this. This is even more concerning to me because it means she’s careful about when she’s doing it.

This is a must report, correct!?

Really innapropriate.

I’m some cultures the kids in the cheek
Is considered normal but if that is the reason then it needs to be nipped in the bud very quickly.

Is this coach from the US ? In France, it is the normal way to say hello to anyone, including a child.

I agree it should be reported to the head coach.

In the US all clubs have to have a safety champion and that person must be posted in the gym (or you must be notified who they are). I would go to them as well as the head coach.

This is not appropriate.

See something, say something. However, I'm Jersey Italian, definitely from the US, and we kiss everyone exactly like you described. I would try not to jump to conclusions and take it up with the head coach first.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News