Coaches Coaching Clinics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wgagym

Coach
Proud Parent
I am trying to find some coaching clinics in the US besides USA Gymnastics Hands on Clinics. Does anyone know of any?

What type of clinic...women's...men's...spotting...high level...low level...etc?

Frankly any, I am just wanting to find out whats out there! WHat I would be looking for at this moment is any lower level men's and mid level women's.

I think coaches can get more out of time spent watching/helping an experienced coach. Is there a gym in your state that would have someone willing to work with you?

Al Fong does some at some times of the year...usually free if I recall. If you google it, it's been posted on blogs.

Other than that haven't heard of many unconnected to USAG. There's programs at IGC but not sure it would be great for an experienced coach although the guy who runs it is great.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am a gym owner with plenty of experience. I am just always looking for more learning opportunities. So Pineapple Lump I am the experienced one in my gym:) That is why I am seeking other options but I do agree that is the best way to learn. I am always looking for new drills that require minimal spotting because I am your typical gymnast size;)

It does not have to be unconnected from USAG just trying to see if there was anything else out there since I know about those.

Sorry...these are USAG...but they are great...

:: USA Gymnastics :: USA Gymnastics University - School of Competitive Gymnastics - Women's Artistic ::

:: USA Gymnastics :: USA Gymnastics University - School of Competitive Gymnastics - Women's Artistic ::

I took the W400 down at the Ranch and loved it. It was intense...a bit crazy. Steve Rybacki...Mary Lee Tracy...and Tammy Biggs did an excellent job with it.

Love Al Fong also...coaching in "concepts" is key...he does a great job with this.

FYI, those are both full already. :(. I contemplated doing the W300 this year, but waited too long to make the decision.

Look at your Region web page. Our region generally has a couple per year that serve as fundraisers for the regional team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back