WAG Competing 2 L8 Vaults

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
This question is from DD - can you compete 2 different vaults in a single meet? She seems to be going back and forth on whether to compete tsuk pike or tsuk tuck. I think she wants to compete pike, but doesn't land it as much as tuck. Is there any restriction on changing for 2nd vault?

As far as I know there isn't a restriction. My DD does one vault (don't ask m e the names I haven't a clue) and if she scores well on the one she know and lands well will do the other if her coach ok's it. I've seen her do 2 different vaults so I would say its ok.

Girls here do 2 different vaults sometimes, especially when 1 is iffy.

No restriction, no deduction. Fairly common actually I'd say. Her coach might have a preference though so y'all might want to check with her/him in making that decision..

As far as I know there isn't a restriction. My DD does one vault (don't ask m e the names I haven't a clue) and if she scores well on the one she know and lands well will do the other if her coach ok's it. I've seen her do 2 different vaults so I would say its ok.
My dd did this last year too. I didn't notice because for me it happens so fast lol. Another mom pointed it out go me so I asked dd and she said coach told her to go for pike. Tuck is a lower start value but she was not consistent with pike.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back