WAG Controlled lunge landing in JO Optional levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kandkfunk

Proud Parent
I know that elite gymnasts must show a stick with both feet together at the end of their floor routine tumbling passes (unless they are doing some type of jump/dance out of the pass), but it looks like female college gymnasts can still use a controlled lunge at the end of their tumbling passes. So, what is the requirement for JO level 7 and up gymnasts? Are they allowed a controlled lunge at the end of their pass or do they have to stick each tumbling pass with their feet together and no lunge step?

Thanks!

they too should stick.:)

Does "should" mean they will get a deductions if they do a lunge? We see a lot of controlled lunge landings in our area. Hard to tell if they are getting deducted for it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

This is allowed per the landing rules in the USAG system (also NCAA). However the jump out of the tumbling passes is becoming more common. :)

all things being equal, the girl that sticks will outscore the girl who lunges.

all things being equal, the girl that sticks will outscore the girl who lunges.

Indeed, there are hypothetical scenarios where this could happen. But it's pretty rare anyway, and lots of top routines will not "stick" all the passes. If you watch any NCAA meet you will not likely see this, not worth risk of under-rotation. But of course, I'm not discouraging anyone from the goal, just commenting on the judging rules.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back