Off Topic Corkscrew hair pins?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anyone used or seen these corkscrew hair pins. Apparently you sort of like screw them into competition buns, and they keep it in place really well. Do they work? Do they hurt? How do you take them out? They look like this.

Attachments

• 93596B2B-FC12-4528-9CE6-F19EA6BCF72D.jpeg
    93596B2B-FC12-4528-9CE6-F19EA6BCF72D.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 61
Has anyone used or seen these corkscrew hair pins. Apparently you sort of like screw them into competition buns, and they keep it in place really well. Do they work? Do they hurt? How do you take them out? They look like this.
Yes, these are amazing. I was really worried about doing my daughter's hair as I am useless at anything hair related. If I don't put it in at the correct angle it hurts a little bit then I just have to take out and put back in. Same way you take out a screw, put in twisting to the right, take out twisting to the left.

My only concern is that it looks dangerous to step on if it fell out mid routine! I know in theory they aren't suppose to fall out. But execution isn't always perfect.

My only concern is that it looks dangerous to step on if it fell out mid routine! I know in theory they aren't suppose to fall out. But execution isn't always perfect.
I’ve only used regular hairpins, but I always use a bun net to ensure no pins fall out.

These are amazing and will not fall out, they twist right in there and will not budge. My Gymnast has waist length thick hair, I use a donut to create the bun by twisting the hair from the top down and then use 3 of the twist grips instead of maybe 15 kirby grips, I will never go back to regular pins ever again!
20210922_155735.jpg

Our gym is a no-donut, no-net gym. Having worn the corkscrew pins for many weddings I would not recommend them without a donut or net for a meet. You’d still need a ton of hairpins or Bobby pins to secure the edges of the bun because of the way the corkscrew pins have to criss cross in the middle. The exception might be if you have very long, even length and fine hair that could made into a super compact bun.

My daughter has medium length thick hair. I put her hair into a high pony then split into 3 sections then braid. Each one is wrapped around then secured with one corkscrew pin, so I've only ever used 3 corkscrews no additional pins. I put a pony tail holder and scrunchy around the final bun. On one occasion she has left this in for three days. Nothing has come loose . No nets no donuts.

split into 3 sections then braid. Each one is wrapped around then secured with one corkscrew pin,
We might have to try this! Are you saying you braid each of the three sections? Or that you braid the three sections together? (I'm hairstyle ignorant, lol).

We might have to try this! Are you saying you braid each of the three sections? Or that you braid the three sections together? (I'm hairstyle ignorant, lol).
Ohhh no hair and me are not friends. Just simple braids secured with those clear little hair ties. Then I wrap one around secure with corkscrew pin. The second one wrapped in the other direction. Then third one same direction as the first.

Those are the best. They come in long and short length, we only used shorter ones. They never fall out are easy to remove. Seriously only way to go !!

Yes! I used to use those all the time and they make such a big difference! They stay in so much better and hold so much more hair! Just twist them out of your hair when you’re done!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back