Parents Crop tops and shorts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

YG

YG (age 9) can STILL wear her 4T and 5T bikini swimsuits... but the tankini top of her 5T shows off her 6-pack. The year I bought it, we were upgrading from a 2T... which STILL actually fit her, but the material was too thin. Her new one is a 7/8... but I had to put tucks in the shorts to keep them up.
That's so funny! My DD is like that too. We have to safety pin any bottoms over about a 4t. We have trouble with one pieces (and leotards) too due to a longer torso.

The ballet tutus with skirts and rhythmic leotards with skirts in the gym drive me nuts. Surely that's more of a safety issue than crop tops! I don't know by people do it!

Wanting to add two things...

Pea is super long and lean (with those extra long monkey arms too) and the bathing suits that work best for her are racing suits (kind that swim team kids wear.) They all tend to be long with little 'wiggle room.' Lands End used to be good with their tankini, as you could buy a different top and bottom size, but they started selling them mostly as 'sets' this year...boo

Also adding that my 'ouch' comment was not limited to bars only. I'm thinking beam burn on tummy's, skidding/rolling on mats when tumbling, just general spills. Tummy's skin is usually not as tough because of less exposure. Just thinking that it would feel worse!

I don't find tummies all that shocking - leotards themselves really only hide the essentials, and those are covered by shorts and a crop top. I would be more against them for any safety/ ouch issues. Our boys train just in shorts or gym trousers in the summer because it is about a zillion degrees in the gym, and don't seem to suffer any injuries.

I've never heard that rule in our gym. However, now that we're in the mandatory attendance period, they're not allowed to wear shorts any more....... so that would make the crop top/short combo a bit interesting :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back