Parents Crown of the Carolinas, Rock Hill - who's going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bajanswife

Proud Parent
This is our first U.S. meet ever (the team went last year, but DD wasn't ready). I have only been at one meet, and that was in June in Trinidad - I have no idea whether that was representative of what to expect at Crown.

Are there any tips you guys can give me about DD competing and me watching at Crown? Our team philosophy is that we all support all levels, not just the ones our DD is competing, so we usually have a contingent of parents watching at all times. That means lots of time in the gym. Is there food and drink on sale for spectators? Are we allowed to bring in soft-sided coolers with water and snacks like we did in Trinidad? Do they keep the gym cold with a/c - should we be prepared for that? I know it will be cooler in SC than it will be at home, but not sure how much. I plan to look up average temps, and of course the weather outlook a few days before.

I'm getting a little excited - this is the biggest meet that DD will compete in, and she's representing her country, so to us it's a big deal!

I hope someone who has been to that specific meet responds to you because facilities vary, but generally you can expect that food (fast food and sandwiches mostly, snacks too) and drink will be for sale. Most facilities do not let you bring in coolers or eat and drink in the actual gym, but many parents bring a bottle of water and some go out to their cars during breaks to refill. At most meets I have been to, no matter where the facility, it is more likely to get too hot inside than to be too cool. I usually wear a short sleeve shirt under a light jacket to be prepared. If the facility has bleachers rather than actual seats, a pillow to sit on or a stadium seat will help you be more comfortable, especially if you are watching more than one level competition.

Welcome, and it is a really big deal! Good luck to you and your team.

JuJu"s Mom would know all about that meet because her DD's Gym hosts it. I have heard nothing but great things about it. We never go (although we are in SC) because it is just too early in the season.

Usually you are not allowed to bring in coolers or snacks. They do offer concessions at the meets. It will be air conditioned if necessary. It is being held at a Winthrop University so you will be in a nice arena type setting.

Hopefully she will see your post and reply for you.

Last edited:
It might be best for you to check out the meet's website. They host gym usually has one set up for that big of a meet. Enjoy!

Ok - so I'm a little late on seeing this post.. I have been so busy in preparing for the Crown meet (I do all things program & advertising related for the meet) that I have not had a chance to even come here and lurk, much less post about Juju's first 2 Level 5 meets she has already had this season - lol.

I am at work now so can't post a lot of details but I promise by some point this weekend I will go through all of your questions and answer each one for you.

I can tell you that you should find this to be a wonderful meet. We pride ourselves in the overall experience of not only the gymnasts having a great time, but the coaches and parents too.

If you want any very specific questions answered feel free to PM me and I will give you my email address and we can communicate directly (and faster) that way.

You can also check out my youtube account for videos from the Crown meet to see how its equipped and some of the special touches that are a part of our meet.

I can't wait to meet you! I got to talk and meet with lots of the parents from your team last year. I will be there from set up early Friday until the tear down of everything on Sunday night so if you need anything while you are there all you have to do is ask.

Lovely to hear from you - hope you will have time soon to post about Jujus level 5 meets. We miss her videos. Good luck and have a great meet.

Juju's Mom, I sent you a PM.

Thanks to everyone else for your responses! We are really looking forward to the meet - sounds like it's a great one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back