Parents Crystals/bling falling off?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
I assumed we would lose some bling once she actually competed in the leotard, but we literally picked it up from the gym today and she tried it on at home and at least three fell off. They are all along the neckline so very obvious they are missing. Is there a best way of reattaching? Is this worth complaining about? (It's a $300+ underarmour Leo)

Thanks, I'm going to. It seems to just be the stones on the neckline that fell off or feel like they aren't glued all the way on. Although we are less than two weeks out from the first meet, so I'm not sure what they can actually do for us? Other than tell me to glue them back on...

Is it gk? They will fix it, but it's a lengthy process...probably not on time for your next comp.. You can fix it yourself with some great fabric glue, but I'd contact the company for a replacement.

I assumed we would lose some bling once she actually competed in the leotard, but we literally picked it up from the gym today and she tried it on at home and at least three fell off. They are all along the neckline so very obvious they are missing. Is there a best way of reattaching? Is this worth complaining about? (It's a $300+ underarmour Leo)

yes, you let them know. they are our new sponsor. :)

Yeah, clearly you got a lemon leo. They should make it right, even if they can't fix it for you before the first meet or rush you a new one. But have no fear -- DD's Underarmour leo is now going into its third season and we haven't had any problems at all. I wash it gently, of course, but it still looks like it just came out of the bag.

I would talk to the coaches before doing anything to the leo. I am sure UA will happily fix it, but you don't want to alter it and then they won't want to fix it. Maybe your DD could borrow from a teammate in a different session for the first meet until it gets settled?

UA should replace it, but not in time for your comp! Assuming you have the stones: To fix it until then you need E6000, tweezers, toothpicks, & a pencil.

Funny, my DD has a US leo that the stones keep falling of of as well. All her team with the same Leo have the same problem. They came out from their first practice in it with half the stones missing. Frustrating!

I would complain. Our girls all have bling on their warm ups and leotards and they don't fall off! (Dreamlight)

Our girls new leos are dreamlight and when I first saw them I thought the mesh would tear and the bling would fall, but so far so good! The washing instructions are insane though.

I agree with borrowing a teammates leo until you find a good long term solution for your daughter's. We do this all the time for various reasons.

Our girls new leos are dreamlight and when I first saw them I thought the mesh would tear and the bling would fall, but so far so good! The washing instructions are insane though.

I agree with borrowing a teammates leo until you find a good long term solution for your daughter's. We do this all the time for various reasons.
I generally need to have a glass of wine before I feel brave enough to wash THE Leo :)

I generally need to have a glass of wine before I feel brave enough to wash THE Leo :)

That is hysterical! It is a process, isn't it?

I unknowingly bought a dreamlight practice leo at a meet and it has the same instructions. I just washed that one on gentle with woolite and laid to dry and it was fine.

Ehh, I'd sale 90% of dd's leos are Dreamlight. I toss them in the wash inside out and hang them to dry. Haven't ruined one yet. I think it's the $200 price tag that makes me hesitate on her comp. Leo. Plus, it's purple and white...if colors bleed, it's ruined!

Our new comp leo's are underarmor too and I am having issues with the stones as well. After one time wear my dd had 2 stones fall off.

Washing DD's leo this year wasn't my problem, it was her blasted warmups! They are GK and black and white and the black bleeds something awful. I hand washed them and literally the water would come out black. Ridiculous.

Call GK, tell them your situation and the will fix it pronto. (if you have the time)
You will fed ex it, and they will fed ex it back.

Hopefully your gym can do it for you and save the fed ex hassle.

I did this for a few team members and it took 3 weeks total.

otherwise, hotfix time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back