WAG Dance at gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just asked my 9 year old DD how she does her hands. She showed me and she does the index finger in; but wrists straight. It has never struck me as looking bad. I do remember that she sometimes messes up in dance by doing her "gymnastics hands" instead of "dance hands".

I must say...I am watching So You Think You Can Dance right now...many of the dances have some crazy "hard" wrist action. The dancers that have a ballroom dance background have especially "hard" wrist action.

How about these famous dance hands...Fosse...

Last edited:
Alright, maybe I'm the odd one out, but I don't mind the flexed wrist and actually kind of like it! I think it adds flair and I see gymnastics 'dancing' as way different than classical dance. Of course there are similarities but overall different.
And I love Laurie!!

Reactions: JBS
I don't think Bogey's hands are really that bad. Now Memmel is a different story. As far as Laurie goes, whether you like her style or not, at least she's dancing and not just going around the floor posing like most Elites these days.
I always tell my little Level 2s and 3s not to crank their wrists. Some get it and some don't.

I must say...I am watching So You Think You Can Dance right now...many of the dances have some crazy "hard" wrist action. The dancers that have a ballroom dance background have especially "hard" wrist action.

How about these famous dance hands...Fosse...

I think my DD's beam coach calls these "gorilla hands"! LOL!

As far as Laurie goes, whether you like her style or not, at least she's dancing and not just going around the floor posing like most Elites these days.

True. I wish there was some sort of in the middle.... I'm not the best at dancing but I'll do more than pose.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back