Dani's 5th Meet Report and VIDEO!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dani had an awesome meet!!!

First up was floor--she hit a clean routine for an 8.80 and 6th place! :D

Vault was next. The springboard seemed kind of far away from the vault and it was giving her some problems--lots of balks in warm-ups. But, when it was her turn, she hit two awesome vaults and was so estatic after her 2nd vault LOL--she's jumping around and told her coach "I did two!!" Funny girl. Score was 9.10 for 3rd place! :D

Bars was nice and solid. The video camera shut off right when she was dismounting but if I can remember, she stuck the landing. Score 8.60 for 6th place. :D

Beam was last. She had some problems in warm-ups with the handstand and was getting upset. She also changed her mount at the last second cause she was having trouble getting her feet through. She also adds a "shoulder shimmy" towards the end of the routine. ( I love improv!!). She pulled off a beautiful routine!!! Score was 9.30 (tied with her teammate) for 4th place!!! :D

AA was her highest this season with a 35.80 and 3rd place!!!! :D

This meet really came together for her. She has had some extra practice during spring break that really helped her and the girls. Two weeks until championships!!!

Here's the video:

[video=youtube;NrRyXrHQJSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrRyXrHQJSQ[/video]

What a beautiful gymnast your daughter is! Her floor and beam routines suit her wonderfully & I love her enthusiasm! Awesome flexibility! She is SO cute how she jumps around when she gets those vaults & after her beam. You can really tell she loves it :) Congrats to her - that's major and sounds like it came at the perfect time!

She's gotten to be so confident with all of her routines, and you can tell that she loves it! Beautiful floor routine, and really nice press down on beam! Good luck to her at championships, I'm sure she'll do great. :)

Wow, what a stunner. So flexible. She is very deleberate in everything she does. Seems she is getting that BWO very close to a BHS. Love how excited she gets when she knows she did a great job. Thanks so much for sharing. And good luck to her at championships.

ounds like it was a really successful meet!! I love her beam and floor routines she really shows it off. Good luck at championships in a couple weeks.

I really like watching her videos...it is so obvious that she is having a ton of fun out there. Congrats, and best of luck to her at the championships!!

Awesome job, Dani! Her routines looked great at the start of the season, but she has done a remarkable job of cleaning up all the little things over the past few months, she's looking great! I love the big smile after the awesome press on beam, the ability to smile on beam at a meet shows incredible confidence and just how much she loves the sport- so nice to see!

What a confidence boost for Dani!! Love the floor routine-she looks very comfortable with it. Sending good wishes her way for the upcoming championship!!

Awesome job Dani! Her floor and beam are beautiful. I agree that she really has cleaned them up this season. And a HUGE congrats on the vault. I know that has been a demon for her. Love how excited she is after vault and beam!!

I agree with Megley- she has improved so much on florr and I loved the little happy dance after that beam routine! Her second vault was a beauty!

Congratulations to Dani! She was beautiful to watch. I especially loved her floor routine. So much personality.

Just curious what kind of league it is. I assume that her routines are personalized. Our gym only do USAG 4-6.

Congratulations to Dani! She was beautiful to watch. I especially loved her floor routine. So much personality.

Just curious what kind of league it is. I assume that her routines are personalized. Our gym only do USAG 4-6.

Thanks GymnastJoy! It is called the Mason Dixon League which includes about 28 gyms. The levels run from A through E which are comparable to USAG level 4-8 skills. All the levels are optional where all routines are personalized to the individual gymnast. My dd loves this league because of her tumbling fears and apprehensiveness on more difficult skills, she is still able to do the "optional routines" and showcase her stengths and personality whereas if she were doing USAG, she may never reach the optionals level. Right now Dani is competing Level 5 skills (if you are talking USAG skills). The league currently has about 400 gymnasts ages 5 through 20. It is such a great program!!! It keeps the kids still involved in gymnastics where they may have quit in the traditional program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back