WAG Dd has the grace of a baby deer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In our gym there are several girls who were "born with grace" but they also are the girls who take dance in their spare time. So, are they graceful because they take dance or do they take dance because they are graceful????

Oh, and one of them takes Irish dance ;)

That's comforting to know! :D I probably should mention that she dances in kind of the same way a Sherman tank smashes through a brick wall, though...

Ah well. One day... :)

My daughter (8) has long legs and arms for a short girl with a short body and she is skinny with it, she can be kind if graceful if she wants to, but can make things look kind of awkward, a cross between a baby deer and a giraffe, she calls her knees knobbly, she says she hates her knobbly knees. I have no idea how she performs dance moves as she hasn't put a routine together yet but is now starting work on routines, my daughter looks kind of awkward doing jump full turns and split leaps and any jumps that take off from one foot, but I am hoping it looks that way as she is still learning the moves, she looks graceful doing turns and cat leaps though and she seems to have got her gymnastics finishing pose down to a pat.

You didn't say how old she is, but they definitely improve with time, age, and conditioning. Some kids are naturally more form oriented than others. My youngest has naturally pretty form, but another one of my girls started team at 6. She is great when it comes to skill acquisition, but she does not have naturally tight form. She looked very much like a wobbly baby dear. I asked many, many questions when I first joined CB about whether this would improve. We were looking at her first gym meet video the other day, and it's hard to believe it's the same kid. She is starting to look really pretty (even on beam!) two years later. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back