Parents DD moving from XCel to L3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JMACAZ

Proud Parent
Found out last week that the main coach that both my DDs have is leaving. Was not a shock. Had a heart to heart with older DD who competed XCel Bronze last year and did very well, even making it to Regionals and placing in 2 events. She was asked by HC after spring season to move to L3. At that time said she wanted to stay with her coach and friends. She is youngest on Xcel team by at least 1.5 years and the smallest. She told me yesterday that she was thinking that she made the wrong decision to stay in XCel. Met with HC yesterday and she starts L3 training tomorrow. Has just about 5 weeks to learn nw routines. Has all L3 skills except FHC-is close. Bar routine and vault are very similar to those she already knows. She is very excited to begin this new journey-though a little nervous. She will be one of the older ones (9) but there is a group already with a few her age or older. Now both my DDs will be competing at the same meets. Will make for some long days :)

Congrats to her, and actually you'll be surprised. I don't think she'll be one of the oldest. Probably right in the middle. My DD just turned 10 and is competing new 4 this year after 2 years at old 4, seemed like 8-9 year olds was the norm for that level.

My older DD is 9 and will be competing level 3 in the fall season. Last year for old AAU level 3 she seemed to be in the biggest age group at 8. There were just a few 7 year olds and a VERY few 6 year olds. Often the 6 year old on our team would be the ONLY one in her age group!

I hope that she enjoys level 3. I actually like the routine this year. :) And good luck on the FHC. My DD *just* got it today. She has her first competition in less than 2 weeks! The coach kept saying she wasn't worried and that DD was *this* close; but I wasn't so sure. Suddenly today it clicked. :)

Good luck!
We are in the same boat, switched from XCel bronze where DD was the youngest, to JO where she is one of the oldest. :)
Staying in L2 for now, until she gets her mill circle and FHC.

Thanks and you are right! There are about 8 girls her age, a few older and the rest younger. She is on the small side so she fit in just fine.

My older DD is 9 and will be competing level 3 in the fall season. Last year for old AAU level 3 she seemed to be in the biggest age group at 8. There were just a few 7 year olds and a VERY few 6 year olds. Often the 6 year old on our team would be the ONLY one in her age group!

I hope that she enjoys level 3. I actually like the routine this year. :) And good luck on the FHC. My DD *just* got it today. She has her first competition in less than 2 weeks! The coach kept saying she wasn't worried and that DD was *this* close; but I wasn't so sure. Suddenly today it clicked. :)

There are quite a few right around her age. She had a great time tonight, learned half the floor and beams routines. I like the floor and the music is not to bad :) A big congrats to your DD on her fhc!!

Good luck!
We are in the same boat, switched from XCel bronze where DD was the youngest, to JO where she is one of the oldest. :)
Staying in L2 for now, until she gets her mill circle and FHC.

I remember reading about your DD. I bet she will get those skills in no time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back