Parents DD officially invited to join pre-team...and we're not sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

bookworm I hear you on that. we are at 18-20 hrs a week too and pay $340 a month (average for our area for optional levels).

At our gym pre-team is still billed hourly like the rec classes on a session term. Not until you are officially invited to team do the monthly team prices kick in and they are less and actually go down per hour as the hours go up. But, in high priced areas it can be a lot. We pay around 300 a month plus competition fees of about 1200 a year for level 4. I think optionals is around 450 a month and closer to 1800 a year in comp fees. We are not the most expensive gym in our area at all.

Congratulations to your DD! Such an exciting adventure. My only advice, since almost everything has been said, is just take it day by day....my DD was invited to pre-team last summer and after about 5 months we needed to take a step back. She wasn't having fun anymore, she started at 4.5 and had just turned 5 when we went back to rec. I honestly thought we might take a session off, but now my DD loves it more than ever.

Follow your DD's lead, if she loves it, who cares what people say? Coaches don't invite kids if they don't think they have the ability to do the hours. Honestly, you will know if it is too much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back