DD Out For 6 Weeks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She's staying really upbeat, but is anxious to get back in the gym. The coach gave the team the week off. She's going to sit down with her coach on Monday and work out a training schedule. She's starting to realize that she is going to really be able to really focus on things like leaps, where in a normal workout, the time you spend on it, is very limited because there is so much to do.

One thing her coach does and is very careful about, is not to give any special or additional attention to any of the gymnasts that get injured. She will give them their assignment and lets them go do it. She may call out a correction or something, but that's about it. She'll trust her gymnast to complete their assignment without cheating.

The reason for this is that if she shows any "special treatment" to an injured gymnast, a healthy gymnast may suddenly get "injured" so that they can also have that "special treatment".

Aw sorry for your DD. It stinks that she is out of gym but I can say that the idea of 6 weeks out is often even worse. Last summer, DD was out from June until Late-August due to a stress fracture (veterbrae) and she still went to every team practice. The end result was she was way more limber, super strong and even though she wasn't uptraining, being around all her team mates who were helped as she could see and hear the corrections given. In the end, she wasn't any worse off.

It sounds like your DD has a great attitude and is driven and focused and will start back to her gymnastics training even stronger!

Aw sorry for your DD. It stinks that she is out of gym but I can say that the idea of 6 weeks out is often even worse. Last summer, DD was out from June until Late-August due to a stress fracture (veterbrae) and she still went to every team practice. The end result was she was way more limber, super strong and even though she wasn't uptraining, being around all her team mates who were helped as she could see and hear the corrections given. In the end, she wasn't any worse off.

It sounds like your DD has a great attitude and is driven and focused and will start back to her gymnastics training even stronger!

When this is all over, I have a feeling that will be the case for DD. I'm sure she's looking forward to finally being pain free

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back