WAG DD started a new team last night.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She loved the new group of girls and her new Coach.
We have never left a gym before so it was so stressful on me. But, after she got in the van and didn't stop talking about the great experience she had I think I finally took a breath again.
I hope the new coach and new gym will give her the guidance she needs to move to where she wants to be. Has anyone else left a gym? It was the hardest thing I have ever done as a mom.

My DD started a new gym/ team last month. She was also so excited. She has picked up so many new skills! At first the change was difficult, we did it in the middle of season. I texted old coach at last minute, then old gym kept sending me statements. Me and hubby fought over it all, because he initiated it all. Contacted an attorney and sent old gym a beautiful letter(honestly). Its quiet now and DD is HAPPY. But, tomorrow is states and she will compete against :confused:old teammate and see old coach.

DD just switched gyms a few weeks ago. I agree it was very hard I don't know why really, but I suppose its so hard because gymnastics is such a small community. It was hard not to hurt anyone's feelings and to say goodbye to teammates. Next comp. season will be interesting when we have to face old coaches, but I am positive we made the right choice she is so happy now!

My DD started a new gym/ team last month. She was also so excited. She has picked up so many new skills! At first the change was difficult, we did it in the middle of season. I texted old coach at last minute, then old gym kept sending me statements. Me and hubby fought over it all, because he initiated it all. Contacted an attorney and sent old gym a beautiful letter(honestly). Its quiet now and DD is HAPPY. But, tomorrow is states and she will compete against :confused:old teammate and see old coach.

Tell her to have fun and win!! That's probably the worst part is seeing her old team at meets but, we have a few months.
We are going to camps together bc we made arrangements months ago. It will be great! I just keep telling myself that.
Thanks!!

DD just switched gyms a few weeks ago. I agree it was very hard I don't know why really, but I suppose its so hard because gymnastics is such a small community. It was hard not to hurt anyone's feelings and to say goodbye to teammates. Next comp. season will be interesting when we have to face old coaches, but I am positive we made the right choice she is so happy now!

Yes, I agree. That's when the weird feelings will come when we see everyone at meets. But, I just hope all will be great and I made the right move for her. It's hard being a mom sometimes.
Thanks!!

Glad it is working out.

My girl changed gyms a few weeks ago, from the only one she had ever known to another she has always wanted to go to.

It was difficult, it's true, and it has shaken up our very settled routine but it doesn't rank anywhere close to what I would call the hardest thing I've done as a parent. Oh my gosh, no. Not even in the top 10.

I am glad we did it, So glad. My girl is happy and is collecting new skills like it's easy. I could berate myself (and have) for not doing it sooner but I have no way of knowing if it would have worked out this well then.

I knew in my gut when it was right. The hardest things for me, in all my roles and especially as a parent, are those situations where I'm not sure what to do and especially anything that felt wrong at the time. Those things never go well and they are the only things I regret. So I operate on what my gut tells me. It's usually right. Well, there has to be a use for that thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back