WAG Deduction Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CAGymmie

Gymnast
What is the deduction for slightly bent arms in the backward roll in the USAG Level 4 floor routine?

Last edited:
What do you mean by this?

The deduction can be taken for each skill that has bent arms when they are supposed to be straight. What skill are you inquiring about specifically?

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

The deduction can be taken for each skill that has bent arms when they are supposed to be straight. What skill are you inquiring about specifically?

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Sorry I meant to say backward roll.

What do you mean by this?

jumping in... from what the coaches have told us, the deduction for not pointing toes, or bending arms, or what ever else are not a 1 time deduction per event. Rather, if say... you don't point toes on a cartwheel, then don't point them on a hand stand, then don't point them in a leap - that is 3 places that you get the deduction. so up to .9 in deductions for not pointing your toes. I have no clue how much it would be if you went through an entire event with out pointing toes. Same with bent arms - if they are bent in the BHS, bent in several other places in your routine - it is a deduction each time. Not just one deduction for in general "bent arms". Make sense?

ah, so the one element. From the previous poster and from our coaches - looks like up to .3.

jumping in... from what the coaches have told us, the deduction for not pointing toes, or bending arms, or what ever else are not a 1 time deduction per event. Rather, if say... you don't point toes on a cartwheel, then don't point them on a hand stand, then don't point them in a leap - that is 3 places that you get the deduction. so up to .9 in deductions for not pointing your toes. I have no clue how much it would be if you went through an entire event with out pointing toes. Same with bent arms - if they are bent in the BHS, bent in several other places in your routine - it is a deduction each time. Not just one deduction for in general "bent arms". Make sense?

Sorry, I meant the backward roll.

Some of the deductions are general deductions for the whole exercise (dynamic movement, artistry, etc.) but they can take a bent arm deduction on the handstand forward roll, back roll to push-up, back handspring, etc.
I guess the short of what I'm trying to say is that each time a gymnast bends her arms when she shouldn't, they can take up to 0.30 each element.

It's the deduction that keeps on giving............ and giving............ and giving, so do everything you can to keep your arms straight and toes pointed where and when they should be. Oh yeah, gotta keep your knees straight when they're supposed to be straight.

Taking all the general deduction explanations out, for slightly bent arms on a backwards roll, the judges will most likely take off .1.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back