WAG Deductions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippinam

Coach
Gymnast
I have attached a beautifully edited (not! I just needed to disguise my gym :) ) photo of a hold that I am considering using in my beam routine. I was messing around with a teammate yesterday, and my coaches suggested that I put it in my routine. What deductions would I incur, the skill looking exactly as it does in the photos, if I put this into my routine? It would just be an extra dance move that I don't need, but may look pretty. However, if I will get deducted for any part of it I don't want to use it. I will be either USAG 7 or 8 next season.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1437629818.847921.jpg

You might get a slight deduction for not being 180 degree split. I think it is a version of a needle and those have to split 180. You are really close though so you may or may not get the deduction.

Thank you!! I'll work on it & see how it looks by the spring. It's a B?? I did not know that! I thought, if anything, it was an A. I'll check the book tonight to make sure! The valuing of some skills just baffles me :) I don't understand how a split jump = a BHS or a switch leap = a BLO.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back