WAG Deodorizing beam shoes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
It's embarrassing to post, but my beam shoes are RANK.

I have tried airing them out which doesn't help much, and even carpet deodorizer (sort of helps, but they end up smelling like weird fake perfumed flowers and, well... sweaty gymnast feet). Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get them smelling fresher? I'm attending a new gym next week and I'm very embarrassed about the smell!

They are the Pegasus All Purpose Shoe.

What the heck are beam shoes?! I have never seen any of our gymnasts use them! And our gym always smells like stinky feet ;) so don't feel too bad!!! Lol

What the heck are beam shoes?! I have never seen any of our gymnasts use them! And our gym always smells like stinky feet ;) so don't feel too bad!!! Lol
image.jpg These beauties! I have bad heels, so they help the impact when I do jumps, leaps and flight skills. They aren't especially common nowadays. My gym smells like stinky feet too, but these are BEYOND and embarrassing! Need some fixes (or maybe new shoes)

Have you tried baking soda? I don't know about with beam shoes ( didn't even know they existed) but my ds has done stank shoes. I've used just just plain arm and hammer in them.

My first pair of trampoline shoes were made of leathery stuff and were a nightmare to clean. Since then I've always got the more fabric ones and just thrown them in the washing machine. Could you try that with yours or are they leather?

the smell is produced from bacteria who are present, they break down the sweat and cause the smell. You can a) mask it - deoderising spray, or b) remove the bacteria, washing or anti-bac kitchen spray

hth

I heard that if you put them in the freezer it takes the smell out of any kind of shoe. just take them out in enough time so they defrost...dont want frostbite on your toes

My DD has the Pegasus shoes, I wouldn't put them in the washing machine. Also Pegasus say not to use any heat as the glue is heat-sensitive so they'll come unglued.

no, you can't wash them. it'll ruin them.

I haven't actually washed the Pegasus shoes yet as they're quite new. Previously she always used Venturelli shoes and I washed them all the time with no problems at all.

Here are the exact Pegasus instructions that came with the shoes:

"Care of shoes: Shoes may be washed with a mild detergent in cold water. Do not put shoes in the dryer or where heat is present. This product contains a heat activated glue and will fall apart if these guidelines are not followed".

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back