Different kips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my4buffaloes

Proud Parent
I see people talking about long hang kips and glide kips and straight arm kips, etc. What is the difference between all of these. My dd just finished competing level 5, what kip did they do there? Is it different at level 6? Still learning here I guess! Thanks!
Jennifer

The glide kip (or possibly a straddle glide kip) is what she did on the low bar. A long hang kip is what she did on the high bar.

A straight arm kip is simply a kip done with straight arms--which is the correct way to do it. The glide kip is the one you will see done the most as part of a bar routine---yes, it is done at every level above L4.

My DD does the bent arm kind most of the time. I'm going to start pretending it's a new skill. LOL She also has basically 2 long hang kips because she's so little and the low bar is high for her.

Great, thanks for clarifying! Definitely helps. Now that my younger is getting into the sport too I am trying figure more things out so that when they go on and on about practice I will have at least some clue as to what they are talking about LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back