WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow! They can't deny they were not following proper protocol or deny that they were trying to cover this all up. Just horrible!

And honesty we don't need to know if Laurie or Simone were abused. That is private and whether they were or were not does not diminish the awful things he did to anyone and everyone else. Whether it was 1 person or 200. Whether they were an Olympian or a level 5 gymnast. It is all horrible and should have been stopped and not hidden.

Wow! They can't deny they were not following proper protocol or deny that they were trying to cover this all up. Just horrible!

And honesty we don't need to know if Laurie or Simone were abused. That is private and whether they were or were not does not diminish the awful things he did to anyone and everyone else. Whether it was 1 person or 200. Whether they were an Olympian or a level 5 gymnast. It is all horrible and should have been stopped and not hidden.

Yes yes yes. All USAG board members must go. Please show some respect for the sport you once cherished, give your resignations and GO.

This article is a must read about how USAG and Steve Penny handled Maggie Nichols and her family when she came forward. The story just keeps getting worse. Absolutely horrible. https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/01...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Just read this article. This is absolutely sickening that they tried to silence and deceive her family. I am glad that Maggie was brave enough to come forward and speak out. She has always been a favorite in our house.

With these new details coming to light, I will be surprised if USAG is not held accountable by a judge.

This article is a must read about how USAG and Steve Penny handled Maggie Nichols and her family when she came forward. The story just keeps getting worse. Absolutely horrible. https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/01...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

It is all so sick and so incredibly sad. And what makes me SOOOOO angry is that Steve Penny - who according to lots of accounts tried to cover this all up - was given an approx. $1 million severance package when he resigned in March 2017.
There are just no words. This money should instead be going to provide help to the abused gymnasts, and to reform everything in the sport that needs to be reformed. That money should NOT go into Penny's bank account.

And as is said above, the ENTIRE board of USGA needs to go. Like yesterday (or, at least in March '17). And it will be interesting to see if there are additional legal charges matched to USAG officials.

It is all so sick and so incredibly sad. And what makes me SOOOOO angry is that Steve Penny - who according to lots of accounts tried to cover this all up - was given an approx. $1 million severance package when he resigned in March 2017.
There are just no words. This money should instead be going to provide help to the abused gymnasts, and to reform everything in the sport that needs to be reformed. That money should NOT go into Penny's bank account.

And as is said above, the ENTIRE board of USGA needs to go. Like yesterday (or, at least in March '17). And it will be interesting to see if there are additional legal charges matched to USAG officials.

My thoughts exactly!

Maggie’s coach. Wow. So relieved to hear it seems she really did the right thing for Maggie!

USAG - how infuriating. And there goes the argument that kids/parents/etc should have spoken up. Seems one for sure did and was silenced. And it seems that more girls were hurt AFTER it was reported. Sickening.

OMG...so sickening All of it, the actions, the cover up.....MSU, USGA... we just did the Twiststars meet last week and this was all I could think of...we will not give our money to Twistarts next year, I plan on having a conversation with our gym about that meet... cannot support it or John Geddert

I don't know what J. Geddert knew but he did defend Larry Nassar for a long time

OMG...so sickening All of it, the actions, the cover up.....MSU, USGA... we just did the Twiststars meet last week and this was all I could think of...we will not give our money to Twistarts next year, I plan on having a conversation with our gym about that meet... cannot support it or John Geddert

I don't know what J. Geddert knew but he did defend Larry Nassar for a long time

My personal feeling is that Geddert and the Karoylis had to know. There was a coverup at the highest levels, but yet we are supposed to believe the two people who were the be all and end all of USA women’s gymnastics for all those years had no idea? Plus he spent more time at Geddert’s gym than anywhere.

It is hard to believe so many individuals knew what was going on and chose to look the other way! It is either they were in denial, really did not know, and/or did not care. I somehow can understand when people are in denial. If you have close relations with someone, it may be hard to believe horrible things being said about them. If they did not know, then they did not know; and I don't think we can fault them for defending Nassar. But if they knew and did not care, they are equally as guilty (and an accessory to the crime) as the perpetrator and belong in jail.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back