WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

@Geoffrey Taucer its admirable of you. As a parent, you seem like a coach I would love my daughter to spend some time learning from. Do not jeopardize your well being, you can do more staying in contact with athletes. Paying your dues and continuing to shape the youth is something to be proud of, something to think about.

Wacky idea?

Is there a group of high profile coaches coast to coast that are willing to come together and create a non-sanctioned USAG national competition/championships of sorts? Allow these girls to compete - but make a stand against the USAG? I am sure that P&G or other big sponsors that have pulled from USAG would consider backing a non USAG meet to emphasize the statement.
I know this is such a time sensitive sport for the elite girls in terms of puberty, Olympics, injury, etc. But like someone already mentioned these elite/elite hopeful gymnasts, coaches and clubs are the ones who have the most pull - I don't want to say "sacrifice the 2020 girls for the greater good"... however if any major changes happen with the organization as is, it will have an effect on these girls unfortunately.

Although unrelated to an abuse scandal, something similar to what I mentioned above happened in the Cheerleading world a few years back. It is possible - but it would take some head strong coaches and athletes. Everyone would need to stand together. Actions (and money) speak way louder then words.

Here, shut down the Ranch, kick any lasting vestiges of the Karolyis out of USAG, revoke Geddert's and Twister's USAG credentials and make sure Minnesota State has no further intertwining with USAG. But no need to disband USAG as a whole.
Just to clarify, it’s actually Michigan State, not Minnesota.

So the USAG "investigator" was not actually an investigator at all :mad::mad::mad::mad: The lies and half truths are just getting absurd now. Not sure USAG can be saved at this point

The investigator they hired, a woman named Fran Sepler, stated this week in an interview with Sports Illustrated that she was not really an investigator at all. Ms. Sepler said, “I was not hired as an investigator, I was only hired to conduct several interviews by USA Gymnastics who indicated they were conducting an investigation into allegations and needed someone who was a skilled interviewer. I did not decide who to speak to and did not provide any or recommendations except that law enforcement needed to be involved.” See Sports Illustrated article here.
That is not how Maggie Nichols, Aly Raisman and their families have described their interactions with Ms. Sepler. They have all reported that Ms. Sepler encouraged them to keep quiet and not speak to anyone about the abuse.
In a December 22, 2017 interview with Metro US reporter Sam Brodski, Ms. Sepler demonstrated that she has no real understanding of the mandatory reporting laws or the threats posed to children by Larry Nassar.

Maybe Nassar can at least provide statements on who else knew what and when so all these organizations and high profile individuals who benefited from the cover-up all these years will be forced to be accountable and compensate the victims. As far as I’m concerned, MSU gymnastics deserves a Penn State type of penalty from the NCAA - I just don’t see how this is any different. And Geddert saying “we aren’t liable because parents also didn’t report” is just awful.

Does anyone recall the rumor posted on tumblr in 2013 saying "Geddert is facing numerous legal issues. John is facing being potentially blacklisted by USAG. There seems to be a good feeling he will be toast." Nothing really ever came of it and the drama died down quickly. Well I wonder if that had anything to do with this current scandal.

I'm not suggesting he knew what was happening with Nassar but maybe someone was just thinking he would end up looking bad because it happened at his gym?

I don't know anything about the 2013 rumors. However one of the current lawsuits that Geddert is facing relates to the fact that a parent complained to him about Nassar abusing a gymnast as early as 1997 but that Geddert took no action.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back