WAG Do bars that are unsquare and crooked affect routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD competedin a meet this past weekend and the bars were very crooked and unsquare. Does this affect her scores? She is the smallest on the team and they just cannot seem to get the setting so that it is not crooked. The setting for the big kids seem to be fine, they just cannot get them tight and square. Thanks for any input!

no. but i don't understand the post. more info please.

I think poster is talking about when bars aren't tightened exactly evenly on each side, so the bars look "crooked". This does happen sometimes, especially at very close settings and also when trying to adjust bars quickly at a meet.

The current AAI bars lose stability at really close settings. Especially in a meet situation. Best thing is to have people hold the tensions if you can/have to. But even our smallest kids are able to jump at a medium setting.

I've tried to get our bars in really close so I can do bars the way I used to with bar beats, etc, but the the bars are really unstable when they are close. Bums me out since I can't do anything on the bars spread far apart!

with AAI, the coaches must pull the uprights straight on each side. very simple to do. then, 1 coach holds the upright(s) straight while 2 other tighten the front and rear. this will keep them true. then, if your child's setting, let's say 2, the coach much place the spreader at 1. after you do the above and the bars are tight, 1 coach slides the slider down to 2.

starting at a number above the number you want, then pulling the slider down to the number you want allows the coach to get them very tight. even with small kids.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back