Parents Do these fit? Opinions please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
My dd doesn't regularly wear her grips, but she was gifted some new dowel grips (a parent ordered a size too small for her daughter and couldn't return them). My daughter's coach said to go ahead and get them and start letting her get used to wearing them now. To me, they look a little small. Opinions? I'm more concerned about her not being able to grip the bar because it looks like the dowel is too far down her fingers.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1415816229.873348.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1415816246.155180.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1415816258.240035.jpg

They look too small to me but I may be wrong. What does the sizing say at the manufactures website?

Dd fit just within the measurements when I checked before getting them, she is sleeping now, so I can't remeasure her hands now. They're size 000, I believe they're hotshots by US glove.

I probably shouldn't let her use them, huh? Her coach said they fit but when I saw her hands on the bar, it doesn't look right

Well on the bar they look okay for low bar but her fingers aren't in the holes properly in that picture. The first knuckle should be through the opening but she's just resting the opening on her fingernails. So I'm not sure if that's what she has to do or not. They would probably be okay for low bar and will stretch somewhat over time. It's hard to not see them in person. I would trust the coach I guess because the coach knows what she's working on and saw them in person...but is be prepared to buy another pair. Personally if they are under 0 I usually don't have them use grips.

Your daughter looks WAY too young for grips, let alone dowels. Dowels should be for bigger hands, doing bigger skills. How old is she and what level? And yes, those are way too small imo.

She's 7, training level 4. She uses grips for level 4 skills which is when our gym has the girls purchase grips. She is working her kip in them and jumping to the high bar. Like I said, she doesn't wear grips all the time, but her coach wants her to start getting used to them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back