WAG Do your daughter's summer training hours increase?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just got our summer schedules yesterday. Starting June 1st she will be going tues wed and thurs from 530-830 pm. she is training level 3. went from mon and wed 530-830 to add the extra day and change her days. not sure if shes happy or not. she hasnt said anything.

DD season schedule was M 5:30-8:30, Sa 11-2, and Su 11-12:15
It has now changed to M/W 5:30-8:30, Sa 11-2, and Su 11-12:15 for May and June.
In July it will switch again to M\W 5:30-9, F 4:30-8:30, Sa 2-5, and Su 11-12:15.

I just kinda wish it was the same times daily so I could keep track better, especially since younger DDs rec classes change in June and then again in July also. At least I can look back at this thread to keep track of it! Ha ha

DONT FREAK OUT!
We have the option to sign up for 5 hours per day, 5 days........25hrs-30hrs
Any competitive level....begins at noon until 6....she can sleep late everyday! No weekends.
Now, this does not mean that DD goes this amount all summer, she actually goes 2 weeks on, then 2 weeks on 10 hrs/week. She gets loads of skills, but I have to be careful for her not to get too tired.
They do this because parents want to drop their kids off before work and pick them up after.
Very few kids do this all summer long at that intensity.

DONT FREAK OUT!
We have the option to sign up for 5 hours per day, 5 days........25hrs-30hrs
Any competitive level....begins at noon until 6....she can sleep late everyday! No weekends.
Now, this does not mean that DD goes this amount all summer, she actually goes 2 weeks on, then 2 weeks on 10 hrs/week. She gets loads of skills, but I have to be careful for her not to get too tired.
They do this because parents want to drop their kids off before work and pick them up after.
Very few kids do this all summer long at that intensity.

There are girls at our gym who do the summer team camp for the whole summer- 11 weeks of m-f 9-4. I couldn't even imagine. Girls have to be invited to team camp though as HC knows it's too intense for some girls. DD is doing one week of it, right before we move. The plan is to work her silly since she will be off until we find a gym in our new town. Your DDs schedule sounds awesome!

Yes. She is level 3 and goes 13 hours per week now. This summer it jumps to 19 hours and about $200 more a month...plus the option to stay longer for camp I was told.

DD is training L8. School year hours are 15 hours a week. Summer goes up to 17 hours a week. The time shifts to during the day rather than evening, which makes getting her there and back a bit challenging. I'm a bit sad that she has gym M-F over the summer, but I guess our weekends are free so I shouldn't complain too much. I may let her take the occasional day off to go do longer day-trip kinds of summer fun. Life isn't always about the gymnastics and nothing else. :)

No change. Though I'm going to look at adding her a camp week but only if she can work with the team coaches, otherwise there's no real point. Our camp isn't geared towards the team girls, just a daycare option mostly. But I've been told that some of the team girls do attend.

Currently a level 3 who goes 10 hours a week with that team, but does an additional 4 hour day with level 4 team. This summer will move to level 5 team and will be 20 hours a week (7-11am)during the summer except the 4 weeks of camp which is 7-2:30 M-Th and 7-1 on Fridays. While her and I both hate early mornings, at least she'll have the bulk of the day to hang out with friends outside of the gym.

Yes, my daughter is currently training level 8 and her times during the school year are 4-8 Monday through Friday. Then on Saturdays she has it 9-1 so 24 hours per week. In the summer her hours increase to 5 hours each day so 30 hours per week

We don't know yet, both of my dd's might get called in during the summer holidays during the day for a few hours a few times a week if they have a competition to work on, last summer my oldest dd did do extra hours twice a week throughout the summer for that reason and after speaking to the coach it will be likely to happen again, I am unsure about my youngest dd yet, the coach is leaning towards keeping the hours and days the same but is considering calling them in if they have a competition coming up or call them in to do some extra conditioning/sessions to stop them getting bored in the summer holidays.

My DD finished level 7 and is training level 8. She is 10 and trained 21 hours during school year and will train 24 hours plus 2 hours of dance during the summer.

Hours are the same for L3 school year and summer: 10 hours standard and 12 if you add the "uptrain L4" xtra hours (two per week). The timing changes to morning which I prefer personally.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back