Doh! Wrong grips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok - my dd is competing rookie 1 and starting to train level 4. She has been going 4 days a week and with competition season in swing that means 5 days some weeks for the last month.

Previously every time she would get any "dot" on her hand she would show it to me and say a Rip! I would laugh and tell her nope - not a rip. When you get one - I will buy you a cookie!

Well anyway - last week she got her first fairly nasty rip and in gymnast fashion was proud of it. Her coach came and told us how to treat it and suggested grips if she wanted them.

We had to stop at CVS on the way home to get "rip stuff" and one of the optional girls were there and my dd asked her about the rip, etc. So now they have become friends and the older girl has become almost a mentor to her. Very cute!

Anyway - I ordered her some grips. She got them yesterday, all proud and took them to practice last night but they would not let her use them. The big dummy (me) bought her beginner dowel grips. The only let these girls use palm guards. I should have thought about that - I used to sell grips so I should be the "expert". lol Oh well.

To add insult to injury - my dd and her mom were so excited they installed the wrist foam. So now we can't return them! Double Doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...7013&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1630wt_1165

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the link. THe thread is just fine. We don't allow any "free ads" as we have suppliers who adverise here! Keeps us afloat.

I can't tell you how many pairs I went through with my eldest untul she found the right ones for her. I still have some floating around that have been swung in once. I'd love a service where you could geta loaner pair for a week. If they are right send them back and get a brand new pair, if not, try another pair!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back