MAG DS brag!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

2G1B

Proud Parent
DS fractured his ankle right before state (Friday night before state meet on Sunday); but we didn't find out that it was more than "tweaked" until the day after the state meet (urgent care on Saturday said it wasn't broken and if sprained, it wasn't bad).

Anyway, since then he had been in a boot, then for a week after the boot he still didn't have the doctor's OK to do anything other than conditioning. This is his first week back to normal practicing. He just finished up level 4 and is now working on level 5 skills.

Tonight his coach told me that he already has a really strong pommel routine for Level 5 including the first bonus (I think it is 5 circles?) and that he thinks he will have the flares by competitions. He also apparently has his rings routine (still needs the spot on the muscle up; but that is allowed). And for floor he has almost everything, just needs to get his front handspring. They didn't work on P Bars tonight; but that was DS's strongest event this year and the coach said he isn't worried about DS getting that one. The coach didn't mention high bar or vault; but those are both DS's weakest historically, so I imagine they need some work. :p

YAY! He will have so much fun at level 5. The skills are fun to learn and the bonuses just add to it! Keep it up!!

That's great! Glad to hear he's healing and coming back strong. It's amazing how after being forced out due to injury and illness for any length of time, they can come back fighting and a lot of times learn skills faster than before! I've seen it many times with my own ds and sometimes wonder if maybe regular breaks from gym would be good for him anyway.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back