Parents Early morning meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Staying at a hotel isn't an option, unfortunately, for this meet. The host hotel (closest to the meet) is over $300/nt. The further away ones are over $100/nt, and not very nice. The best we can do, is stay at my sisters house, but they have no guest room, so it's couches and air mattresses on the floor, with dd (6 y/o) and my ds (4 y/o). Not ideal... It's so hard, when you don't even know what day or time you're competing at, until right before the event. You can't even book a hotel ahead of time for a lower price :-(

Just a suggestion on what I do during meet season, especially since I have to also arrange our coaches' hotel reservations. After we get the season schedule, I reserve rooms for the entire weekend. Once the schedule comes out, I drop the nights we don't need. Most hotels will let you adjust your reservation up to 24 hours before your arrival. That way, there's no concern about finding a room and I can get a good rate (usually).

Given all your extra info, I'd drive down in the morning too. Make sure she gets to bed early the night before!

Just a suggestion on what I do during meet season, especially since I have to also arrange our coaches' hotel reservations. After we get the season schedule, I reserve rooms for the entire weekend. Once the schedule comes out, I drop the nights we don't need. Most hotels will let you adjust your reservation up to 24 hours before your arrival. That way, there's no concern about finding a room and I can get a good rate (usually).

GREAT idea... THANKS! :)

We've done it both ways- drive up early, and stay the night before close to the meet location.

When we drive up early, we make sure everything is packed the night before, and take Daughter in her jammies. She cat-naps pretty well in the car. We then find a nice restaurant (and eat some breakfast) close to the meet, and change/do hair in the restroom. Yeah- maybe not ideal, but that has worked. For these meets, I bring a folding lawn chair for Daughter to sit on for the hairstyling.

Most of the time, we just go up the night before, and stay at Grandpa's house, (which is in the city where we have most of our meets) or in a hotel. The stress level the next morning is far less when there isn't a long drive ahead. Daughter is more relaxed and focused if she doesn't worry about being late. (I am too!!)

Either way, the quality of sleep isn't as good as it would be on an ordinary night, so we try not to have late nights for a few days before the meet, in order to be as well-rested coming into "Meet- Eve" as possible.

Good luck at the meet this weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back