early vs late starts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

meeeshymoo

Proud Parent
For years I have moaned about the early 8am comp starts, and today we have a 4.45pm start and Im moaning about that too lol

too long to wait with nerves !! mine not Dds, she is more worried about when she is going to eat !

I would definately prefer late starts than early 8.00am starts. I wouldnt want to wake my dd up really early to get to a comp for 8.00am. Dont think she would perform to her best that early as she would still be tired. Late starts mean she could get up at her normal time and id have more time to do her hair and get ready.

I don't like 8 am starts. But my dd likes 9 am . She likes to just get up, have breakfast do hair and go. Comps are usually an hour away. She hates waiting around all day finds it difficult to eat later on. The tea time comps are the worst for both of us. I feel for you Meeshy. And good luck !

Good luck to your daughter.my dd has her voluntary level 5 comp today and has a half 1 start which I think is just right, not too early or too late. I would hate an 8.00 start and don't think my dd would like to compete that early.

Thank you all...late start = long day

good luck to your dd Chocolate your start time sounds perfect.

good luck to all the amazing gymmies today ☆★☆

Good luck to your DD.

I hated the 7am meets that were 90 minutes away. I did not mind evening ones if it wasn't a school day.

My DD's states (aus) was last week, at 4 on a school night -_- we live an hour from the venue. The poor mite didn't get to bed until 9. I much prefer early starts!

Well that was a long mixed day, 3 falls on beam, not good. And overcooked her cast to handstand on bars and went over the top so total of 4 falls :eek:

On the positive side she won gold on floor:)

Hey ho, more beam practise.

I hate hate hate the early AM starts. My DD actually while waiting for her turn fell asleep on the floor and they had to wake her. She and I like any time after 11 AM but we want to be out of the meet by 8pm. We actually had a meet that went until 10pm DD fell asleep in the car ride home.

My DD generally does better if her session is later in the day. I think since most of her practices are later it feels more natural to do a meet later in the day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back