Eastern National Level 9 Alternates

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello,

My daughter just tied for 7th place at Regionals. I know she is an alternate, but what perks does an alternate get? Specifically, does that mean their resume can say they actually "made" national team even if it is in the "alternate" spot? Also, would alternates be given the opportunity to go to the training camps for National qualifiers or even get warm-ups? I have no idea what exactly goes on here except, be ready in the event of another gymnast not making it.

Thanks!!!

Totally Confused Mom.

Good job to your daughter! To answer your questions I suggest looking at this pdf from USA Gymnastics. It has all the answers you are looking for. The info for Easterns/Westerns begins on page 31.
http://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/Rules/Rules%20and%20Policies/2011_2012_w_rulespolicies.pdf

I may be mistaken, but I thought the National team was comprised of the top 4 AAs per age group at Level 10 Nationals. If level 9s are included, it is new to me. I can assure you that if your dd is a National Team member, she will receive a plaque. I would not tell anyone she "made" it until you have that plaque in your hands. I would also not expect invites to National training camps without that plaque.

In regards to apparel:
The first alternate and the next several athletes in rank order should be measured at Regionals in the event that more than one athlete in an age division is injured or ill and cannot compete at
Eastern/Western Championships. The second and subsequent alternates do not receive apparel
unless they move into the 1st alternate position prior to the week of the competition.

Apparel will be ordered for the first alternate (and any ties for 1st alternate) from each region in
each age division. The apparel will not be distributed to the alternates in attendance until all
competitors from that region/age division have the correct sizes. In the event that an attending
alternate’s apparel (or part thereof) had to be used for a competitor, that athlete will be sent a
replacement for whatever piece of apparel she did not receive at the meet.

The apparel for alternates who do not attend will be used as replacements for any problem sizing
for the competitors. If, following the competition, there are warm-up uniforms remaining, they will
be sent to the alternates who did not attend either by the Regional Administrative or JO Committee
Chairmen or by the National office. The distribution of the remaining competitive leotards supplied by
the Region is at the discretion of the Regional Administrative Committee.

It's nice that the girls going to Easterns even GET apparel...when my daughter went to Easterns (many moons ago) , she went in her own club leo and warm up...so it's a nice change to see the 9s included in getting stuff for making the biggest meet of their year!

And as far as your daughter's gymnastics resume, it can say:

2012 Level 9 Easterns alternate
2012 Level 9 Regionals 7th AA ( and any other events you want to add..)

..not too shabby:)

Great!

Thanks very much and yes, I will definitely use that wording for resume!
It's nice that the girls going to Easterns even GET apparel...when my daughter went to Easterns (many moons ago) , she went in her own club leo and warm up...so it's a nice change to see the 9s included in getting stuff for making the biggest meet of their year!

And as far as your daughter's gymnastics resume, it can say:

2012 Level 9 Easterns alternate
2012 Level 9 Regionals 7th AA ( and any other events you want to add..)

..not too shabby:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back