Parents Experience with Karolyi's camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LoveMyGymGirl

Proud Parent
This is a two part question. I know Karolyi's camp does coach training camps where the coaches who get trained can take kids from their gym. Any info about this? Is there a minimum age they can take and is that flexible? Next part is what are your thoughts on the regular camp?

My DD has not gone there, but we live about an hour from there, and last year one of the levels at our gym sent their team and if they had a certain number of girls go (maybe 10?), the coach got to go with them at no charge.

We know some gymnasts that have gone....they've been back several years running, so I know they like it. Not sure about the coaching part.

Last year I took my entire level 9 team to the U400 course(3 coaches 15 kids) , it's a great experience for the kids (10 and up), but more of an educational camp for the coaches. This year I am sending my new assistant along with the new 9's. I did see some kids on the U300 side that appeared to be 8 or 9. I highly recommend it. As far as info on it, you need to look and see what dates etc.. Last year it was over memorial weekend. You basically send your kids with the coaches.

Last year I took my entire level 9 team to the U400 course(3 coaches 15 kids) , it's a great experience for the kids (10 and up), but more of an educational camp for the coaches. This year I am sending my new assistant along with the new 9's. I did see some kids on the U300 side that appeared to be 8 or 9. I highly recommend it. As far as info on it, you need to look and see what dates etc.. Last year it was over memorial weekend. You basically send your kids with the coaches.

My twin DDs went last year for the U300 and they were only 8. I know for that camp you are supposed to be 10, but because they had been for a TOPs camp previously they were approved to go, but our gym had to ask for permission so it wasn't set in stone until they got the go ahead from the camp. It was a fun experience for them and they might be going back with our new coach this year too!!

My twin DDs went last year for the U300 and they were only 8. I know for that camp you are supposed to be 10, but because they had been for a TOPs camp previously they were approved to go, but our gym had to ask for permission so it wasn't set in stone until they got the go ahead from the camp. It was a fun experience for them and they might be going back with our new coach this year too!!
==
I think I just saw them at the meet in ontario this weekend?

boy, that was a long trip for you guys and a huge climate shock? ^^^^^^^

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back