Parents Finally...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Finally, finally, finally my daughter got her round-off backhandspring! She has worked so hard and so long on this skill. She started taking extra tumbling classes way back before she even made preteam so that she could learn this one skill, even though sometimes that meant taking multiple classes in 1 night. I think it has been close to 2 years now. For the last 18 months of it, every single coach she has had has told me that she was "soooo close and would get it soon" every time. She corrected her hand placement, then that her back arched too much, and then a fear of going backwards. I felt like a horrible parent the day that she came to me frustrated that she still couldn't do it and I had to tell her that there was nothing else I could do to help her get it. I willingly brought her to extra classes and private lessons to work on it, but basically it all came down to her. But, finally what helped get her over her edge was knowing that her first showcase was in 2 weeks. I was so excited for her when I walked into the gym today and saw her doing it over and over. She of course has already moved on, but I am still smiling at her accomplishment.

Wonderful news! DD had her struggles with the ROBHS last summer, but managed to pull it together by the first meet. I think her motivation came from not wanting to be the only gymnast on team to have a coach spotting her, LOL. Great job!

WTG to you DD. It has to be a wonderful feeling to finally get something she has worked so long and hard for

yay!!!! That is a big skill to get and that fear of going backwards is a big one to overcome!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back