Finances?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Busymum

Proud Parent
hi all ... I am hearing horror stories about just how expensive gymnastics is going to get but the breakdown was in dollars so was hoping you guys might give me some idea of what is going to be involved money wise?

depends where you are.

Hourly fees range from £7 - £1.50 depending on number of hours,
club leo £ 30-75,
comp entry £ 15-25,
spectator free - £10

Many clubs "top out" their fees so you pay no more than £x per month despite increased hours, unfortunately mine does not.

Depends on your club, how big it is and how many competitons your clubs do, I can only give you our prices

Training leotards £30
Competition leotards £80 (used to be £108 until we changed them)
Warm ups (tracksuits) £65
Fees depend on how many hours you do but 1 hour a week is £4.20 and reduces the more hours you do

Competition entries-local, £20-£25 and national are around £60+
Spectators entry depend on the competition some can be free and some can be up to £10-£20

As we live quite far out in the sticks we have to travel at least 2 hours for our competitions (unless held at our club) this meaning if it's a 8am start usually have to pay for a hotel stay the night before

Oh and if you don't want to buy our competition leotard you can rent them £5 per competition but everything else all development groups up MUST buy!

Thanks both of you ... We are in early days as my 6 yr old is due to start a trial month for development do just trying to get a feel for what's to come .... Assuming her trial is successful

A development group is likely to mean more hours than she is used to. It might be worth getting chatting to some of the other parents to get a feel for the group and what it might entail.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back