Parents First L4 Meet this week-end

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym-mom-fla

Proud Parent
Hi everyone, trying to get back in the groove of posting here, meet season seems to be in full swing! Dd has her first L4 meet this week-end. It's out of town for us in Daytona Bch, which happens to be where my parents live, so we are very excited (and no need to spend $ on a hotel...yeah). Dd is super excited and getting pretty nervous too...she never used to get that way, but she turned 8 and everything changed! She has been under the weather this week too, she had an allergic reaction to something (still trying to figure out what) and had a bad rash all over her body and no appetite whatsoever. So her workouts at gym have been a little weak. Hopefully she'll bounce back and be ok for Saturday.

Have no idea how she will do. We are competing against two major gyms in Fla...and the hc told me the other night that 3 girls in dd's age group finished either 1st,2nd,or 3rd at L4 state. What? I can't believe State Champs would repeat a level...crazy, but oh well, thats gymnastics! For anyone else competing this week-end GOOD LUCK:D!!

Hope she has fun at the meet and with the grandparents!! Hope she will be feeling better by then as well and be able to have a great meet!!

As for repeaters at L4, it happens. For many reasons, some fair (not ready for the next level), some not (gym wanting to bring home the big trophies/titles). It is just part of gymnastics and I think it bothers us parents more than the girls. :)

Good Luck to your dd this weekand I am sure she will hold her own!I hope she is feeling better .Cannot wait to see her videos!

Best of luck to dd! Don't let those repeaters get her down. I hope she's feeling better for the weekend, too!

Good luck to your dd! I hope she feels better and has a great meet!

Good luck to your daughter! I hope she feels 100% better and has a great time!

It's so nice that she can score a grandma visit out of the deal too!

Good Luck you your DD this weekend! I LOVE Daytona, we've been there for the races & we have some relatives in Ocala. Hope she feels better and has a great meet!

Thanks for all the well wishes! We both really appreciate it! Blackie, we love Daytona too...big race fans here! She had her practice tonight where they had to rotate through all the events and couldn't move on until the "passed". She looked the best she's looked all week, energy wise, so that is a good sign!

Kylie is going to do GREAT this weekend! Remember her perfect 10 on bars as a level 3!!! She has beautiful lines and strength. All her skills are solid and has Amazing presentation. I can't wait to see the video.

I wish we were going to Blackjack but we'll see you at the next one....

Good luck and have FUN!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back