First Level 7 Meet Results!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
My first level 7 meet was yestarday, and I did a lot better than I thought I would!

Vault: My steps were all messed up, and so my vaults looked not as good as they do in practice. I got a 8.75.

Bars: I only had a 9.2 start value because I competed without my flyaway. But I did both of my giants, and hopefully I can add the dismount at the next meet, Feb. 21st. I got a 6.725.

Beam: I had a 9.5 start value because I didn't connect my BWO BWO, therefore I had no series. I fell twice on my full turn and my wolf half jump. Pretty solid other than that. I got a 7.35.

Floor: Very pleased with floor! I have been having a lot of mental blocks on my tumbling passes lately, and I did them all without a problem! My dance needs a little work, though. I ended up with a 8.35.

My all-around score was a 31.175, so I qualified to states! I didn't expect to get any higher than a 30, but I did and I am so excited! I didn't even have the best meet, but It was my first optional meet so I am excited. I know that if I can pull my beam routine together and get my dismount on bars that my all-around will go way up...so that is keeping me motivated!!

YAY!!!!!!!!! that great! :) im so pround of you! and good job on bars. if you did your flyaway your score would of been much better, but i know you will have it for your next meet! just keep on fine tuning those little things and you will do great at your next meet. wahoo first ever optinal meet out of the way

Congratulations on qualifying for states! And also, great vault and floor scores!

You're so lucky! We have to get a 32 to qualify for states D:

Way to go! Pretty good scores for your first optional meet and it's awesome that you already qualified to states, one less thing to worry about for the next few meets!
Will your coaches let you do your dismount out of a cast instead of directly out of the giants? It could really help you out while you try to get the two skills connected. I've seen a few girls do a giant, giant- kill the swing- kip, cast, flyaway or giant, giant- kill swing- long hang pullover/baby giant, cast flyaway.

Awesome job! That is my bars score too haha... but not next meet it wont be =] but congratulations! have fun the rest of the season too!

Congratulations!!! You'll just improve from here on out!! Sometimes, it just takes one meet to make you feel successsful again! I bet you go out and get that flyaway back now!

Way to go! Pretty good scores for your first optional meet and it's awesome that you already qualified to states, one less thing to worry about for the next few meets!
Will your coaches let you do your dismount out of a cast instead of directly out of the giants? It could really help you out while you try to get the two skills connected. I've seen a few girls do a giant, giant- kill the swing- kip, cast, flyaway or giant, giant- kill swing- long hang pullover/baby giant, cast flyaway.

I have tried to do giant, giant, kip, cast, flyaway, but my coach said I lead with my stomach on my giants so it is hard for me to control the kip out of it :/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back