First meet for our youngest gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MissBear

Coach
Gymnast
Our youngest competitive group have their first ever (for some) meet at the end of this month.
We have two 7 year olds competing Grade 14. They are so excited - I wish I had video when they got their floor routine. They'd been asking for weeks 'Please, please can we get to learn our routine today!?!?!'.
We have one 8 year old competing Grade 13, and four 9 year olds competing Grade 12.

It would be lovely to have get-on-the-county-team-for-regional-finals fairies, at least for one or two off them.

We also have a new gymnast join the group. She is looking very promising, mainly with how amazingly she's been listening and following corrections and instructions.

Please send all your best fairies when you can spare them.

Best of luck with the new group, new floor routines are so special for them and make them feel like real gymnasts. Good luck for the county teams! Sending you some fairies to help with the fun!

I know most places do regional and national grades together, but there were getting too many of the old 6 and 5, so when they changed to 14 - 5 they split the competition by counties. Each regional grade is then also to qualify to the county team (in and out of age at 14 and 13). County finals are in the same competition as the national grades.

I think it is so strange the variation in regions. I'm sure I have read somewhere on the internet that one region offers grades in december, only competing in the spring if the coaches think that they could make a team (presumeably for national finals).

The control comp went well, with most of the gymnasts really pulling it together under pressure, so fingers crossed for next weekend.

Thanks for the fairies!

Hi

So how did the girls get on ???? :D

My daughter will be competing grade 13 at the end of February. Looking fairly good although vault still problematic. She can do a beautiful handsping over the vault table, but handstand flatback is troublesome !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back