First place bars video (i hope i can post it!! LOL!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Last edited:
Great Job. The only thing i see that needs some work are her cast hs. It could have been the angle of the video though. My floor music is playing the background :p

Wow! All of her routines were really nice! Congrats on bars and team 1sts! Is she a first year level 9? She's doing some really hard skills!

Wow! All of her routines were really nice! Congrats on bars and team 1sts! Is she a first year level 9? She's doing some really hard skills!

No, she's 2nd year level 9. She's been competing back tuck on beam and double-back dismount on bars since level 8 (before they changed the rules). She had a rough summer with first a broken toe, then a stress fracture in her arm, then injured her other foot. Thanks for all the nice comments.
Sorry about the shakes in the videos, I was holding a sleeping baby, and I get so nervous/excited by hand shakes. :)

She did great! Thanks for sharing the video! Congrats to her!

Our gym was at that meet as well! (Not my dd though, they don't start team until Level 4.) =)

Wow!! Awesome job!! Her bars was amazing!!! Such great lines with those long legs--gorgeous!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved floor as well!

Good job! Our optional team was there as well and had a great time according to the girls. I've heard the meet is run really well. Congrats to your girl!

Good job! Our optional team was there as well and had a great time according to the girls. I've heard the meet is run really well. Congrats to your girl!

Thanks everyone! And yes, it was a well-run meet. I hope we go next year. The teams run down the tunnel with strobe lights and music and the announcer just like the college teams.

Nice job.
Her bar routine looks similar to what my dd has told me she will be competing next week for her first L9 meet.
Hope she can do as well as your dd!!

Way to go! I can see why you are so excited, that's a tough routine and the score was well deserved. Her floor is beautiful, I wouldn't expect her to be such a powerful tumbler with those long, skinny, graceful legs but she really has it all!

GAgymmom, great routines - congrats to your DD! A suggestion to help with the shakes (I get them too!) - buy a monopod. It will screw into the bottom of a camcorder and with a baby in your arms you can still record! You can find them at Bestbuy or any camera store should have them. They'll fit into a large backpack no problem, so you won't have clumsy equipment to deal with. Have fun the rest of the season!

Way to go! I can see why you are so excited, that's a tough routine and the score was well deserved. Her floor is beautiful, I wouldn't expect her to be such a powerful tumbler with those long, skinny, graceful legs but she really has it all!

Haha! She is actually quite the powerhouse. She gets it from her dad who held state records in high jump, triple jump, long jump, and sprinting. She got his leg muscles. If you look at this picture, you can see where her power comes from:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1786143859507&set=a.1786133299243.103701.1416854895&theater

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back