First team practice!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lilla834

MOST kids dont need much good luck for their first level 4 practice... but this practice... but I do... i dont even have my pullover yet on bars... no backhandspring... and thats about all i need... we start meets in the end of Jan! I am willing to work harder than any other gymnast out there... i have fallen in love with this sport!

One more thing...
I'm 13!!!!
I'm a little late for level 4...
will i compete against like 7 years old???

Good luck to you! I am sure that if you work hard, you will get those skills fast.

Our team had three 12 year old L4's last year. We have a 12 yr old L3 who is about to make level 4 in December also. If you go to meets, you'll likely be competing against ages 12 and up. (not 7 year olds!:))

Let us know how it goes!

I wish you the best of luck. And i believe you are NEVER too old to be at any level. If its your passion, then so be it. This is my daughters first year on the team. (L2), so i am very unexperienced in all this. But, i had a question that was kind of like yours. There are other "older" girls in her level and i was wondering if she would be competing with them as they were all the same level. The lovely folks here told me that it wasnt likely. If there are enough girls in each level they will break them up into age groups within the level. Normaly the girls in each "age group" will be within a 2 to 3 yr age span. So you dont have 5 yr olds vrs 10 yr old..ect. Im sure the same is followed for each level. I wish you all the best, and please keep us posted on how you are progressing

WOAH your situation is so similar to mine i started gym at the start of this yr at age 13!! i would be level 4 competitive but i cant compete as its too much time for someone who lives an hour away from my gym and both parents are fulltime. i don't have my pullover or BHS' although i live in aus and we don't need a BHS' in level 4 we do also need a longhang pullover on the high bar which i don't even have one on the low bar lol!!! so yeah both late starters and both sort of level 4's without pullovers lol!!!

in my gym's level 4 team they are all around 8-11 but some people told me that when going to comps i would compete against 13-14 yo's so yeah also i have a 12 yr old level 5 friend so they aren't all young!! GOODLUCK :D

its okay and im 11 and on l5 when clearly i shouldnt be and ooh i remember my first practiss i was like ugh what do i do?:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back