Parents First time and snotty moms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hey all,
so i posted on here earlier that my 4 yo dd had her first trial class a few weeks ago... she loved it! unfortunately i didnt realize she had a fever until half way through the class so we wound up leaving a little earlier., after doing some looking around i found a gym that better suited our needs so yesterday bells went to her first actual class! i enrolled her in the 3-4 year old class instead of the 4.5-5 yo class, since she just turned 4 2 months ago, so we took her to the class, all the teachers were so nice and helpful, and she only had one other girl in her class who looked to be about 3 and that she has been doing it for a while. we were sitting in the waiting room waiting for class to start and the lady yelled at her daughter everytime she talked to my kids, wouldnt look up from her phone, got an attitude when they said there's going to be another child in the class, so now theres two, and everytime we sat down she rolled her eyes and moved away from us... what in the world crawled up this ladies butt and died? i could not believe the amount of snotty attitude from one person, who wouldnt even pay attention to her kid. so bella had did so good anway, picked up everything first time, listened so extremely well! i had such a proud mom moment. but i still cant get this lady out of my head.. did i do something wrong?

yes you did. You let her get to you. Ignore her. CGM's like her are not uncommon. You just have to learn to pretend that they don't exist. Good luck!

You just took away her daughters private lesson. Leave her alone and don't let her get to you

Nail, meet hammer.

Screw her. She's lucky the gym didn't cancel the class altogether and make her find another section to fit into her schedule. We have a 3 child minimum for preschool classes so rather than getting all you-know-whaty, she should be thanking her lucky stars that her kid has a class.

Nail, meet hammer.

Screw her. She's lucky the gym didn't cancel the class altogether and make her find another section to fit into her schedule. We have a 3 child minimum for preschool classes so rather than getting all you-know-whaty, she should be thanking her lucky stars that her kid has a class.
Those were kind of my thoughts exactly, i was shocked there was only 2 kids in the class. she can get over herself

One of the bad things about humanity is the people who have none.

One of the good things about humanity is there the option to ignore those who have none.

Ignorance is bless...... it works both ways! ;)

There was a mom like that in one of the classes my daughter took, some moms are just like that. I am shocked they allowed a class with only her kids in it also! :eek:

You will probably come across many parents like this! Gymnastics has made me have a much thicker skin with people like this!

Wait until she's on team...

Right???? We have a set of parents on pre-team and I am DREADING them coming to team. They are such divas! Pout and complain when the owner does something they don't want. They dictate the schedule by banding together. I can only imagine how they will act once they get their princesses on team. They subscribe to the power in numbers philosophy and think that as long as they demand something, they should get their way. blech

There is not enough time to write the nasty things my daughter endured simply because she skipped level four. Now she is only one of four from that original team of 19. But I'll never forget the hatred and pettiness of the moms and their gymnasts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel for you. When my son was 3.5 and was put with the 4/5 year old class several comments were made (fortunately not to him) about him being too young. But the 3/4 year old parents ignored us. Parents can be not very nice sometime. I just ignored both groups. Come the very last of the school year (we are talking the last month) they moved the others to a 5 year old class. But not my son because they had a strict *must* be 5 policy. So back to the 3/4s (who were all now 3 like my son) where he acted up because he was bored. Come "show off" day the "older class" took an unofficial picture and my son was hurt because they wouldn't let him be in it. The "younger

While the mom may be a CGM, perhaps you were being overly sensitive. How could she be yelling at her kids and never looking up from her phone? How many times were you getting up and down that she moved "every time you sat down"?

There are CGMs out there and you have to learn to just worry about yourself and your own kid....and try not to turn into one yourself. ;)

hmm, it sounds like she either was having a bad day or she is just a grumpy person. It is entirely possible that she just has an attitude, is self absorbed, and it may have nothing to do with CGM. It is also completely possible that it had nothing to do with you or your daughter. Was it just the 2 of you in the waiting room, or were there other classes? It may be that she is used to having the quiet to herself. In my experience most true "CGM"s will be intently watching their kid in the class and with a new student if she was a CGM she would be watching to make sure that your daughter wasn't taking up too much of the teacher's attention.
It could be that she was in the middle of a heated text conversation with someone on her phone and that her behavior had nothing at all to do with any of you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back