MAG First Travel Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Thanks! I think I will try to pack a low-bulk version of apples-to-apples and maybe hedbandz as well. There are a few of us on the same flight, and I think all of our level 4 boys are staying in the host hotel. Hopefully we won't have to pull the boys away from their fun, bonding time to go compete!

Are any of his teammates staying with him. I always enjoyed just hanging out with my teammates watching tv talking and going to the Same restaurant as for the second non-gymnast my mom always had my dad bring her to the pool while I hung out with my teammates

Just what I've done since I started

Hi Sperkowsky-

Thanks. I've been noticing your posts lately. As the mom of a boy gymnast, I find your perspective very valuable.

We have actually gone and come back now. The boys did great and had a lot of fun. It was their first experience with the podium instead of just getting ribbons. We traveled with a couple of his teammates and they did get to spend a fair amount of time together - eating, watching tv, etc. The morning after the meet they all jumped in the pool and had a blast before we flew home.

So glad they had a great time :)

We leave Wednesday night for our first big travel meet of the year. We are sharing a condo with 2 of his teammates. THe boys are so excited!!!

So glad they had a great time :)

We leave Wednesday night for our first big travel meet of the year. We are sharing a condo with 2 of his teammates. THe boys are so excited!!!
a condo? how much and where are you going ? is that better than hotel?

Oh, the condo sounds like a great idea! Are you doing a side-trip to that magical place in Orlando?

I think if there is one lesson for the future that I've gotten so far is that next year I am scheduling some extra time during travel meets. If I'm dragging my kids (well, dragging one non-gymnast and chasing the other one walking on his hands through the terminal) halfway across the country, we might as well stay an extra day to experience whatever special thing that place has to offer. Although our next travel stop is Las Vegas - not really wanting my kids to explore the "special thing" that place has to offer... ;)

We are not doing disney....instead we are hitting Univeral and Harry Potter world. The boys are so excited.

We did Vegas when D was about 7. He loved it! We did Circus Circus, went to the lion feeding tiem at MGM and explored the M&M store. They have a 4D movie about M&Ms that they loved. We also did a ton of swimming at the hotel. IT was much better than I thought it would be.

We almost always plan at least one day to play. This trip they have 2. One will be Universal and one will most likely be the water park at our hotel. It is the best part about traveling!

We are not doing disney....instead we are hitting Univeral and Harry Potter world. The boys are so excited.

Just a warning on Universal. This weekend there is a huge Harry Potter event Fri-Sun, so expect there to be bigger crowds there. We're going Fri. instead of Sat. for that reason.

we are going Friday as well. Plus, the weather looks worse on Friday so I hope that will keep some people away. We just found out about the huge event. I was a little sad :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back