Flipper Injured

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh poor Flipper, this will be a very tough few weeks for you both. But a wise decision that will benefit her way into her adult years.

Can she swim?

Oh no sorry to hear that, as you I was hoping for good news. Praying for a speedy recovery anyway and that her spirits stay good. I know how it is with an injured gymmie and its tough but as the days go by and the foot heals she will be back in good form in no time. My DD worried about falling behind but once the two months were up and she was able to do everything pain free she was back in form in no time and even then moved ahead in some skills (from all the conditioning LOL). Her team mate broke her elbow and I thought for sure she would miss the season but after three months of rehab and conditining she slowly made it back. So let her know there are those who have felt her pain and came out the other side :) Bogs, also praying for your gymmie for a good recovery with her back too :)

Gosh that stinks. I was hoping for better news for flipper. We have been there. PM me if you need to vent.

On a bright side tell flipper that once given the all clear DD was back up to.speed in no time.

Oh, I am so sorry that she is injured and down for so long. I'm sure she is going to make herself nuts over the next few weeks. She will be back up to speed in no time though. We as parents though feel so bad for our kids when they get hurt. Bog, I hope your dd heals well too.

So sorry to hear about Flipper. I hope she heals quickly and completly. Im sure its going to be tough to keep her settled down esp once it really starts feeling better. Maybe once she can move around a little better she can still go to the gym and help coach a little. That might help her feel like she is contributing still?

Poor Flipper! I hope she is feeling better soon, and that the rest of the family survives her recovery. LOL My older DD struggled with Sever's when she was 12, ended up finishing the second half of the season dropping back to L5 because the tumbling etc was easier on her foot. She lived in Cheetah heel cups with a Dr Scholl's gel heel pad on the inside of that for about a year and a half, but said it made a big difference in her pain level. Between our 2 girls, our family has a LOT of experience dealing with injuries. The most important thing for the girls when they have been hurt has been to keep going to the gym the whole time. Even if all they could do was V-ups and play music for floor, it kept them active and feeling part of the team. Em's toughest time off was when she had mono a couple years back and was banned from the gym for a month by her doc - it was a really long month! Can you take Flipper for half the practice and then pick her up after that? I think you will find that her state of mind is much better for being in the gym, even for just a little while. Good luck to you both, I hope she heals quickly.

Flipper is off crutches and out of the boot after 9 weeks of no weight bearing on her foot. She is cleared to walk on the foot and ease into more activity over the next couple of weeks. She was convinced that once the boot was gone, she would be good as new. Not how it works. The foot is still very tender, but seems to hurt a bit less each day. She is able to condition much more effectively now that she can put her foot down. Coaches are pleased with her conditioning, but she has a long way to go to get back into competition shape. Hoping to compete at state - which she qualified for at the only meet she got to compete at this year. The upside of all of this - we had a lot more time for family! (She about drove us crazy!) She is on the mend and irritated that school is cancelled tomorrow due to snow and ice.

Poor baby. And poor Mom too..lol. Its so hard to keep these girls reigned in. So glad that she is on the mend and hope she is ready to compete at states. Please do keep us posted on how she is doing.

Hoping for just a bruise! We just had a girl out with a severe bone bruise to her foot. She was casted for two weeks but back ,now. Sending you a quick recovery.

I had the same thing only it wasn't swollen. I tried icing and taking Advil, but it always would hurt when I ran or tumbled. Rest is the key. Not just a couple days, a week or two. My physical theripist actually made me take two whole months off, but I don't think that's really necessary for you. Now I'm back and heel pain free!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back