WAG FloGymnastics rankings...I'm confused!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
image.png
I don't know much about FloGymnastics, but if I didn't have so much wonderful knowledge from my CB friends, this would make me think that Mykayla is a lock for Rio and Madison has no chance, when I believe it's closer to the opposite?! I assume it's just a numbers game, not considering all the intangibles?

This is just D score (difficulty score ranking), nothing more. Skinner is known for high difficulty, especially on floor and vault, but her execution scores are a disaster comparatively.

Think of this as click bait for gymnastics. Flo wants you to waste time reading a random ranking that the committee won't even look at. Final scores matter, not this goofiness.

Describing execution scores on vault in the 8.9/9.0 range and floor in the 8.2/8.3 range as a "disaster comparatively" seems a bit much. Silver on vault and bronze on floor at US championships this year. And yes, Skinner has scored similarly internationally. Skinner got the bronze medal on vault and finished 4th on floor at the 2014 world championships, and had the second highest USA scores on those two events(after Simone) helping the USA win team gold.(E scores of 9.2/9.3 on vault and 8.2/8.3 on floor there). But, yes, the field is deeper this year, more girls ahead of her this time in line to make the team with higher overall scores.

Thank you! Good to know. Glad I didn't give them any money! It looks like you can get more "info" if you pay. Maybe I'll get off their email completly. I knew it sounded wrong!

For some reason I really like MyKayla, and now I'm chuckling at myself. Cute blonde who like to chuck big skills but has form issues...hmmmm who does that sound like?! LOL 'Ol Puma Jr is making progress though. I can't wait to see how she improves this summer!
Nothing wrong with liking her! In my book striving to become a world silver and gold medalist, consistent member of the USA women's national team while throwing some of the most difficult skills any human women can throw(not counting Simone in the human category) is not a bad goal!

What is the most reputable site to get info?

For another person who doesn't know a lot about Flo - but saw their credentials taken away for the Games which is certainly telling - 'twood be great to know the best source of info!!

Unless things have changed only first place is guaranteed. The rest is based on who the coaches decide based on which girls strengths suit what they feel the team needs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back