WAG Floor 2.0

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Or completely misunderstand the rules so you put in a load of moves that get no credit.

So you have to put 10 B moves in, and you put 5 A, 3 B and 2 C. You only get credit for the 2 B moves, so your routine can only get 3.0 max...

Wow. I thought my dd had the lowest score on record. I was wrong...but these posts make sense, especially because her lowest score missed three key elements.

Oh my god! How embarrassing! I'm assuming she was really really young? That's mortifying, wow. Was she okay?
Maybe not- for perspective my YDD forgot her double mini pass once last year after she started running. She also forgot she could go start over as long as she didn't touch the dm. She ran up, jumped on, jumped off, and saluted. She was cracking up when she was talking to her coach about it. She was 12 and she had gotten a zero. She still laughs about it. Hopefully the girl had a coach who was a good sport about it and they are laughing at the memory.

USA Gymnastics Junior Olympic compulsory gymnast a few cycles ago, before the "courtesy score" of a 1.0. She did her beam mount (worth 0.20) and fell off the beam. She started crying and didn't finish her routine. If they do less than 1/2 the routine, judges score based on the elements completed. So, they scored from a 0.20. One judge had taken a flexed foot deduction, so when you average 0.15 and 0.20, you get a o.175.

And then there was the girl that forgot her routine in my dd's first year competing, walked off the floor...and got a 9.2.
There was a very biased home field advantage bahahaha.
Needless to say, hc never chose this meet again.:p

USA Gymnastics Junior Olympic compulsory gymnast a few cycles ago, before the "courtesy score" of a 1.0. She did her beam mount (worth 0.20) and fell off the beam. She started crying and didn't finish her routine. If they do less than 1/2 the routine, judges score based on the elements completed. So, they scored from a 0.20. One judge had taken a flexed foot deduction, so when you average 0.15 and 0.20, you get a o.175.
Holy cheeseballs! That is nuts, and poor girl!!!:(

My dad got a 2.3 or 2.7 on beam. She was 7 old level 4. Mounted, split the beam landing her leap. Coach Didn't ask her to get back up to finish. She was cute "guess I know what the mount and leap are worth". ;)

I kid you not. And from what I heard from a friend who attended the same meet last weekend, the biased judging is still going on. Its sad, but at least it's so blatant it's obvious...there is no wondering if you did a better routine. The kids know.

My daughter's first meet with a new coach was a disaster. Her level 4 routine (old 4) she did her leap pass to the turn, stepped back after the turn and did another leap pass, completely missing key elements. Completely off kilter she winged the last part of the routine, fell on her dismount (didn't do the 1/2 turn) stormed off, coach sent her back to salute. She ended up with a 6.85, which personally I thought was generous.

I saw a 2 on compulsory pommel horse once. For the uninitiated, for L4-6, the boys do half the routine on the mushroom and half on the horse. This kid had a total meltdown on the mushroom portion, settled himself down, and actually did OK on the horse. To get to a 2, the judge had to give him a negative score on his mushroom.

It was changed to a six.

I kid you not. And from what I heard from a friend who attended the same meet last weekend, the biased judging is still going on. Its sad, but at least it's so blatant it's obvious...there is no wondering if you did a better routine. The kids know.

That's so bizarre! Is there not some higher power somewhere that can give them a slap on the wrist for stuff like that?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back