WAG Forearm shin splints - anyone had this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twistingmia

Anyone had this? I think I have it in my forearms. I rested it for a week. I don't feel it in every day activities, but in back handsprings I still have this sharp pain.

I always have shin splints. I massage my calfs after training, but they never really heal totally, even after longer breaks I get them after some time. It's not too bad and before it gets really intense, I stop, massage and ice it.

Is it the same with forearm splints? Can I cause any harm to my arms when I train on the forearm splints?

Which exercises are bad to do? Are bars ok?

I am no expert but I don't think it's the same. It is possibly tendonitis in your forearms. I am sorry to hear of the pain you are in. Both with your shins and your arms. I've dealt with both. Have you had a doctor check them out?

DS had a miserable case last fall after too many mushroom circles (100s a day). Rest and wrapping (I you tubed it...) helped (I'm an MD, I otherwise would have had him seen by someone - or if they didn't get better quick with the above). Bars did not bother him, only support events (in boys gym)....not as sure for girls - it'd take alot of BHSs....I think - good to check it out with some one who knows what they are looking for...

I was going to say it's not common but it does happen with boys learning circles.

I've had chronic shin splints and stress fractures since I was 11 (16 now). My arms have also ached and my coach always said it was the same thing and the way my hands were turned on handstands, vault etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back