WAG free hip vs toe on

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is easiest to do to handstand if you have NO experience in circling skills.
Gymnast is super strong (various handstand presses, rope climb, leg lifts,..) and super flexible (overspltits, pancake,...) and a pretty good overall L5 gymnast.

Free Hip, Toe On or Stalder?

Free hip I would think for most. Though I have known a few girls who had an easier time getting a toe hand than a free hip hand, but they had been working free hips for quite some time prior.

My DD learned free hip hand, toe hand and then stalder, but she finds a stalder much easier than a toe hand. Her toe hand is her worst circling skill.

If your just doing it for fun try all three and work the one you like the most. :)

What is easiest to do to handstand if you have NO experience in circling skills.
Gymnast is super strong (various handstand presses, rope climb, leg lifts,..) and super flexible (overspltits, pancake,...) and a pretty good overall L5 gymnast.

Free Hip, Toe On or Stalder?

depends on the body type.

Thanks.

Okay, hm...so thinking about it, I would say if someone can do good handstand presses, is super flexible in pike and has strong hip flexor, they might have an easy time with stalders?

Also for toe-ons you need to be flexible?

What about free hip? Can I just try them out and learn the one I like best or is it stupid not to start with the free hip?

Would you care to elaborate? I've always been curious why my DD finds toe hands much harder.

It took her just a few weeks to go from never having done a few hip to popping them to handstand very easily. The stalder was a skill she got in one practice. The toe hand has taken her so long and they are still inconsistent.

My limited knowledge (but likely more than the average parent) thinks her problem is she doesn't always get the late drop into her toehand.

it may be due to the lack of flexibility in the back of her legs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back